Texecom Ricochet Smoke Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

One of my old Kidde smoke alarms started chirping at 3am the other morning and when I was replacing the battery I noticed the date on the back was 2003....so thought it would probably be a good idea to replace them. Been looking round and not sure what to get. I keep looking at the Fireangel ones but I am a bit put off with the sealed 10 year battery as there are a lot of reviews saying it's more like 2 or 3. I have a Texecom Premier Elite panel with 8XP-W expander and Connect Smartcom so now thinking of going that route and getting the Ricochet smoke alarm. Just wondering if anyone has used one/had any experience with one ? If so are they any good ? Also, if triggered, does it just sound the alarm on the sensor itself or does the alarm panel sound as well ? Or even the external sounders ? o_O If I had two of them can they be linked to one another and would both go into alarm if just one detects smoke ??

Any help/advice much appreciated

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Check the version of your wireless expander, if its a new panel and expander shouldn't be a problem if the panel has been flashed up then just check the expander version.

you can have both go off.

Check the version of your wireless expander, if its a new panel and expander shouldn't be a problem if the panel has been flashed up then just check the expander version.

you can have both go off.

Hi, thank you for your reply it's very much appreciated :) I flashed my main panel back when I installed the Smartcom to version 4.03.00. At the time I ended up buying another 8XP-W expander due to issues I was having. Connection with the Smartplug for example was very buggy. Just looking on Wintex and the 8XP-W is version 3.1.10. Will this be okay ?

Thanks again

Andy

2.11 was the panels firmware it was introduced on, which would have been a version 2 expander, so anything n that and above should be fine.

Sponsored Links
2.11 was the panels firmware it was introduced on, which would have been a version 2 expander, so anything n that and above should be fine.

Sound, will give them a try. Will just get one to start with in case they aren't up to much. Can't find any reviews about them....though I've never had an issue with any of my Texecom stuff so should be good (apart from the buggy Smartcom/app which appears to be good now after firmware updates).

Cheers for your help (y)

Andy

I use them, worst thing is battery every year.

however as a rule I advise on mains smokes first.

Yeah I read somewhere only 18 months battery life. To be honest I don't mind changing batteries once a year, I do keep close tabs on my alarm system with wintex and it'll flag up on the main panel I would imagine ? Installing mains powered detectors would be a a lot of work, ripping wood/laminate floors up...sod that :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back