Texecom Ricochet Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've installed a Texe Elite 64-w today on v 4.01.03
Most of it went well but I have a few issues I need to resolve and hope the forum can help...

1. Bell box not sounding or strobing

Premier Elite Odyssey X-W was installed.
The device was learnt onto the system fine, put up on the wall, closed up with LEDs alternating slowly (about 3 seconds between LEDs lighting up) and all looked fine on the Ricochet Monitor.

However when the panel goes into alarm mode the bell box doesn't do anything, no sound, no strobing.

Wintex shows the bell box on zone 14 but the zone type is "Not Used" which I'm assuming is the issue but I can't tell what to set it to.

2. Panic Button not working

Premier Elite PA DP-W learned onto the system ok. Rico monitor shows all green, I was also able to see it in a alarm state on the monitor when the button is pressed, then reset back on the monitor after I used the key to reset the button.

Zone type = PA Audible. No attributes.

Any advice please?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
well I would go through delete the devices off and relearn them and then place in commissioning mode.

Thanks, sounds like the sensible thing I should have done!
I did just have a look at the last download on wintex and noticed that the bell box probably isn't set correctly. For each wireless device the zone and attributes window has a little section on the bottom right showing "Ricochete Device Type" and the device listed. But the Bell Box does not have this so I need to delete and relearn it. Shame its up on the wall already, I'll get the ladder back out!

the bell box should show as custom, if you have ricochet monitor, you can see if the device is assigned, if you want to see about saving a trip up the ladder

Sponsored Links
Basic question... I have deleted the bell box from the keypad, but the bell box doesn't want to learn onto anything. I have attempted to put the jumper on the off position on the odyssey and back to on and use the keypad to learn the device but the boxx flashes the left LED quickly for a while, then no LEDs, it doesn't learn onto the system.

How do I tell the box to learn itself to the panel?

Thanks @secureiam
So I thought I did follow the instructions step by step.

Here is what happened:

0. Engineer mode set as normal and opened the panel to connect the laptop to the com part and moved the commissioning jumper off.
1. Ricochet monitor showed the device but the wintel didn't have it listed properly and identified with a ricochet device type listed like all the others on the system.
2. I attempted to put the bell box on hold off mode, by getting it to strobe three times thu the bell test functions but none of that works hence why we want to relearn it.
3. I went and followed the instructions to delete the ricochet device by looking up the zone and deleting per the instructions.
4. I then went up to the bell box and used the jumper to off for a few seconds and back to on (the left LEDs flashes quickly) while asking another person to learn a new device to a spare zone via the keypad.
5. The countdown ends and doesn’t learn it onto the zone, the bell box LEDs switch off.

Page 3 of the odyssey installation manual states that switching the jumper to off for at least one second then back to on is the proper process to relearn so I am fairly sure I am following the right steps.

Maybe I am missing something.

I wouldn’t have thought the box is too far from the panel because it is about 5 metres away from the panel, 1940’s build property.

I wonder if the bell box is even attempting to learn onto the panel, I’m not sure what LED flashing should indicate, if left LED flashing quickly is the correct indication or if I should be doing anything else.

I’m almost finished installing the bell box has been a challenge.

Perfect, it worked!
I was deleting the device from the Ricochet menu when I should have done as you said which is to go to zone setup and clear the zone entirely. Then relearning the ricochet devices is simple.
I wish the installation manual was clearer about this.
Thank you very much @secureiam for being so good to get into detail with me and help me out.

Having now installed my first Texecom wireless Ricochet system (after having done a few wired texecom panels), I have to say I am overall impressed.
The installation manual could have been clearer on certain aspects but the system seems to perform well in the tests I have done today.

I have a few minors I really want to sort out which I hope to figure out in time.

For example, the key fobs don't seem to be detected as easily on the wireless keypads (LCDLP-W) as they are on the wired versions. It seems I have to hold the keyfob on the keypad and move it around a bit for a couple of seconds before I get the acknowledgement beep and it detects the fob, whereas when I tested the same fob on a wired system, it picks up before the fob even touches the keypad. The users almost want to do away with the fobs and just use pins which is a shame.

The thing with wireless is power and the time frame, you can turn off the power saving mode on the keypad, which may help a little.

OK I will give that a go and do a few tests.

Can I bother you for a couple of more minor bits?

1. Using wintex > User Code Maintenance: which option sets that on entry a user can use Fob or their Pin? At the moment my user profile only allows me to disarm on fob only. I am comparing my profile to another user who can disarm on pin and fob but I can't spot the difference on wintex.

2. I know this sounds really basic but I seem to struggle with this... When the alarm goes off, say a PIR set to an alarm condition, when I disarm it shows which zone triggered the alarm. What button(s) should a master or standard user press to clear the msg?

Thanks

theres more than one way of doing it, but use locked by C, in wintex its top right cst o/p 2.B CODE

login and press reset

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back