texecom ricochet won't connect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
hoping someone can help me, I had to move my wintex and ricochet to a new machine. I have wintex running and connecting to my premier elite 64 no problem, but, if when connected through wintex i hit the ricochet button it just wont connect the bottom left "status" flashes a load of stuff trying to connect but it just fails. if I fire up the ricochet app directly and enter the IP of my server with the port 10001 it tried but fails to connect, I just cant think what else to try/do :(

Thanks in advance
Darren

Sponsored Links
Hi, its the premier elite 64 with the smartcom, is that what you mean? I dont have any other panel expanders, just the main box, thanks. When I first installed all this it just worked, i fired up wintext, connected via smartcom and hit the ricochet button to fireup the ricochet monitor now when I hit it it just flashes the status bottom left of wintext over and over and opens about 3 ricochet monitor app windows but none connect and eventually gives up.

Okay so it’s built in.

In winter make sure ricochet monitor isn’t selected, close all ricochet monitor sessions down

then connect to panel with wintex and click on the ricochet monitor in wintex

Sponsored Links
i have done that (lots of times :( ), had everything closed off, no ricochet monitor clients running, fire up wintex, connect (connects no problem) and then hit the ricochet icon in wintex, i end up with 3 ricochet wnidows open none connected :( very odd, been at it all night (and spent other nights on it and keep giving up), i have uninstalled and re-intalled ricochet quite a few times, made sure got latest version of ricochet client etc

oddly, just tried again, and noticed when i hover over the ricocheet monitor client window that is opened by wintex it says ip "2.18.10.0" - this is NOT one of my IP addresses and no idea where it got this IP from? my network is 192.168.86.* and nowhere in my setup would i have entered a random IP like that and cant see where to change it

Hard to say, sounds like the machine your running it on not working properly rather than anything else.

i seem to recall at some point the ricochet monitor having some texecom cloud address, but cant recall what that was or if that makes any difference

i just installed wintex and ricochet on a laptop i have on RD, oddly wintex would not connect on smartcon but i then entered IP into the panel and it would connect over IP, and, ricochet fires up (i installed an older version of ricochet. I have to say the more i use texecom the more i dont actually like it, i know its meant for "pro" installers etc, but thats not the world we live in, i am pretty techie but its just settings all over the place and like it was built in 1980, cant even flash firmware without a board etc, only only one IP connection at a time, had i not put so much money into it I would bin it, hey ho, just keep battling on with its flakely software, thanks for your replies tho.

also constantly get polling errors, despite my house beeing loaded up to the hilt with devices, doubt anyone is more than 2m away from the next, i have 2 sensors about 1m apart, 1 always works, 1 always gets polling error, just never forms a nice ricochet mesh, no matter how many times i try to get it to learn or what ever, can hardly ever set my alarm because of polling errors, had to mute the volume on alarm because kept beeping about polling errors day and night (hence needing ricochet to wrok to try to get to the bottom of it

its difficult as theres a few things going on.

with wintex working you can go through ricochet diagnostics and see whats going on.

ricochet monitor not needed but can be very helpful.

without seeing what your doing with wintex its hard to say.

what os on the computer.

hi, the computer is os win 10, latest, its a new machine. Odd thing I did notice is opening ricochet monitor on this machine (that wont connect over ricochet) it does not have the right panel show in ricochet monitor, like it does on my other machine, not sure why that is, there is something wrong with the ricochet monitor install, but i have uninstalled and re-installed fully, same version that i know works on my other machine and the newer version, never works, but cant even arm the alarm at the moment as its constantly got these polling errors on 2 zones, that are 50cm away from zones that work and its been like that since install pretty much, i would disassociate, get them to rediscover, would work for a while then drop off polling again, despite having 3 or 4 other devices within 1-2m of their location that they could route through, and have swapped out the devices to other devices (moved them around) always happens in these 2 locations, texecom mesh just doesnt work very well and you have no control over trying to help it form its mesh route. Need to get it looked into as right now have an expensive paper weight lol

oddly, just tried again, and noticed when i hover over the ricocheet monitor client window that is opened by wintex it says ip "2.18.10.0" - this is NOT one of my IP addresses and no idea where it got this IP from? my network is 192.168.86.* and nowhere in my setup would i have entered a random IP like that and cant see where to change it
This is the version number of the Ricochet software, not IP. I'm having the same issue here, if i open Ricochet from Wintex it loads fine, if i try and open Ricochet Monitor 2.18.10.0 and enter the IP of my panel with port as 10001 i cant connect..

Ricochet monitor to use ip or usb com directly would need you to connect directly to the expander. No need if you have a version 2 plus elite panel and version 2 expander as done all via wintex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back