Texecom Veritas Alarm Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly Hello to everyone,

I need a little help, I am helpline a friend install a n alarm, and it has been a while since I used to install them (last one I did was the old DA abacus series 15 years ago).

Right lets get down, I have installed 5 texecom prestige td, and one texecom amdt plus.

The texecom td works on the walk test but amdt does not, it has power nothing gets sent back to the panel.

Now I have npt really played around with eol, but it looked stratightforward, thinking that I did not need to put in any resistors, as it has them in the pir.

Is there something else I need to do in the programming of the panel ?, any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Of the top of my head, veritas panels do not support EOL wiring, so the DTAM will not work. It is designed to be used on the premier range of panels.

Of the top of my head, veritas panels do not support EOL wiring, so the DTAM will not work. It is designed to be used on the premier range of panels.

It does support eol. I have enabled under program menu 03, option 2 - EOL tamper alarm on zone short, when carrying out a walk test the amdt works, but the other then appear as alarm...do i need to place resistor in the zone point per pir detector ?

Sponsored Links
In that case, the PIR will still not work.

The DTAM uses triple end of line signalling. It sends different resistances to the panel for tamper, alarm and masked.

The excel only works with double end of line, which is a different resistance for tamper and alarm only.

You can use a normal dual tech detector and fit resistors in it for D-EOL signalling, but you can't use a T-EOL device on this panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back