Texecom Veritas entry/exit delay issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Texecom system installed in my house with a digital display.

1) How do I adjust the exit and entry time delay for zone 1 (front door)

2) the outside bell seems to go on far to long when the alarm goes off, if I've left the dog in the house.

Ive tried to go through the user manual but cant see how to change the above. Its not like my old alarm in my other house which was easy to do.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi
I gather this might be the case, but since its been installed, how do I get this code. I've got the manual , and having read this seems to be 1234 and press PROG, but that doesn't seem to work.?

The default procedure is in the manual.

CAUTION the engineers code could be locked on this panel.

if it is the default procedure will reset everything other then the engineers code to the systems default settings this means the panel may not work as originally desired and won’t be reprogramable.

Sponsored Links
You are correct, the default engineer code is 1234 then press ‘prog’, if this doesn’t work then the engineer code has been changed.

Your options are

1. Try to obtain the code from previous owner / installer.

2. Default to factory settings and select new user and engineer codes then reprogram the panel. Be aware, the engineer code may have been ‘locked’ and defaulting the panel may mean you are unable to reset the engineer code and you won’t be able to reprogram the panel.

3. Replace the panel, if you replace it with the same panel, you can label all the cables, take lots of photos and it shouldn’t be too difficult, this would be your best option if 2 is unsuccessful.

4. Live with it as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back