Texecom Veritas excel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey can anyone help, I have a Texecom Veritas excel. I have only the keypad connected and it says there is a tamper fault when all the cables are correct. Please Help

Sponsored Links
Are the following linked out ? Bell tamper , global tamper ….is the control panel lid on ?

I only have the keypad connected as waiting for other parts. It just comes up falt if you try to arm it, it just beeps 9 times

when I try setting it, it comes up full set suite beeps 9 times and has solid tamper light

Sponsored Links
In walk test if tamper is showing then it's an active tamper. Press omit(have to check manual) but should give you a indication as to where the tamper is coming from.

ok thanks waiting on the new wire to come. I only had the keypad connected and there was a tamper. Confused will update you all soon

Not rocket science ….answer the question……IS THE BELL TAMPER LINKED OUT ? IS THE GLOBAL TAMPER LINKED OUT ?
Is panel set for EOL ? If so are ALL zones fitted with resistors ?

When I connect them now it doesn’t turn the keypad on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 121
Bell tamper not linked out. This needs link between OV and tamp.
Put wire links in all zones as well.

I’ve not got a voltage meter but i have a pen tester and the pens going red meaning there’s electricity.

No
That doesn't prove 12 volts dc.
Start again power panel down,put links in correct terminals.
Power system back up.
You need to prove you have 12volts at panel and keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back