Textured Paint on Ceilings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've decided to do a textured paint on the ceiling for the job i am currently doing. I am just wondering if there is any special preparation required.

I have stripped the ceiling of all the wallpaper and there is a new patch of fresh plaster where the ceiling had been repaired. I want to give the ceiling a textured finish, what do I do next?

thanks in advance

Rob

Sponsored Links
Are you doing this “job” for someone else or is it your own DIY? My advice is don’t use any sort of textured finish; it really is god awful stuff & was invented to save money on plastering & hide a multitude of sins but is now about as fashionable as farting at your mother-in-laws Christmas dinner party. :LOL:

Fresh plaster should be primed (mist coated) before you do anything else, use 2-3 coats of ordinary matt emulsion in quick succession, thinned 25-30%.

its for my grandmother, she has textured ceilings everywhere else, so i thought it would match and hide any blemishes in the ceiling, but i could just go for a smooth finish.

its for my grandmother, she has textured ceilings everywhere else, so i thought it would match and hide any blemishes in the ceiling.
That’s fair comment & as good reason as any so go for it & good on ya for doing it ;) ; not that I'm suggesting your dear GM has no sense of fashion. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
she doesnt! lol you should see the paper she wants :-s

ANy special techniques for doing textured paint?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back