Textured Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any-one used textured paint on ceilings?

I'm planning on using it in my kitchen, just finished putting up half a false ceiling to match the existing (step level) and was going to get it plastered.....but all plasterers seem busy...and the ones that can do it are stupid expensive.....so can I have your thoughts and recommendations please.

Regards,

Ian.

Sponsored Links
Why not have a go and you got nothing to lose,if it go wrong at least you tried,we all got to start somewhere.I've learnt the hard way but never gave up and now can tackle 95% of diy job.

See this for how texured paint ceiling.

Don't agreed with Mr Impedance comments,if we get the professional in every time there be no point of this 'diynot forum' and the money we're all saving by doing the labour ourselves within reason

Mr Impe"dunce", I am keepin it real....when your wallet is full of B&Q receipts instead of cash, you will understand ;)

Sponsored Links
Very good play on words I like a person who can have a laugh :LOL: . Anyhows I think using textured paint is a good idea if you want your room to look a bit rustic Hay each to their own. I do prefer the more modern look my self but some one has to keep the past alive. Also in my years of D.I.Y I have found it much cheaper by not using the likes of B&Q an also I have found it easier if you start one project at a time.. :eek:

Mr Impedance said:
Also in my years of D.I.Y I have found it much cheaper by not using the likes of B&Q

Agreed, I never go to any these diy superstores unless it out of hours time but they are coming down in prices on certain things and I think people go there because all the products under one roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back