TFT monitors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wife has just got a new laptop & I have a new TFT monitor. How important is it to use proper cleaning products on the screens. What do people recommend?
Thanks
JonB

Sponsored Links
It is very important, unless you want smears and streaks all over it. There is also an anti glare coating on then which can be stripped by using household cleaning products, such as Mr Sheen.

Seriously Breezer, why not just tell him to use a brillo and cutting compund ? :confused:

Seriously Breezer, why not just tell him to use a brillo and cutting compund ? :confused:

because i use mr sheen, and my screen still works fine, has no scratches (even if you look sideways for them, not a scratch)

many moons ago i did use "screen wipes" they often left smears, so i tried MR sheen, been using it ever since.

on the tin it says "metal, wood, glass, plastic"

I wonder what everyone else really uses

Sponsored Links
I wonder what everyone else really uses

I am quite sure they use a ridiculus range of innapropriate chemicals. But that doesn't make it right does it ?

I can assure you that your anti glare coating will almost definitely have been eroded and I would be gobsmacked if it didn't show up smears in natural light.

you are more than welcome to come and look

There is no glare, and no scratches

you are more than welcome to come and look

Would love to, but I'm washing my hair tonight, with Castrol GTX. I know its not the right thing to use, but it leaves a lovely sheen. :confused:

There is no glare, and no scratches

I have yet to mention scratches, and we'll have to disagree on the smear / anti glare coating.

I'm washing my hair tonight, with Castrol GTX. I know its not the right thing to use, but it leaves a lovely sheen. :confused:

Thats not even remotely amusing.

my comments regarding Mr sheen are true, yours are obviously not.

I am still waiting to find out what everyone else does / uses to clean their screens. I suspect i am not the only one who uses Mr sheen to clean the computer screen

Asda Wet wipes and gently wipe dry with a couple of soft tissues.

No smears and no greasy fingermarks left.

It is very important, unless you want smears and streaks all over it. There is also an anti glare coating on then which can be stripped by using household cleaning products, such as Mr Sheen.

Now i know what TFT really stands for:
That's Fooked Then

My wife does mine, when I am not looking, probably with Pledge, it does not appear to have caused any problems, so I don't make an issue of it.

my comments regarding Mr sheen are true, yours are obviously not.

You're an idiot.

Shouldn't you be pretending to be a mod somewhere?

I don't post answers in the Alarm/plumbing/Electrics etc section because I don't have the relevant knowledge and wouldn't want to be responsible for someone damaging themselves or their property. You obviously have no such qualms.

:rolleyes:

All i know is that you are a blatant liar.

The question was what to clean a TFT monitor with.

in response to this I mentioned that i use Mr sheen

You then said that products like Mr sheen will remove the anti glare coating, you then suggested "why not just tell him to use a brillo and cutting compund"

I then went on to point out my reasons for using Mr sheen, and that i have had no problems with it, i also note at least one other TFT screen is cleaned by a similar product to Mr sheen with no ill effect.

jj4091 said:
My wife does mine, when I am not looking, probably with Pledge, it does not appear to have caused any problems, so I don't make an issue of it.

But you decided to blatantly lie and then start childish name calling.
but I'm washing my hair tonight, with Castrol GTX. I know its not the right thing to use, but it leaves a lovely sheen.

This blatant lie makes all other coments you made suspect.

I only offered my suggestion as to what to clean a TFT monitor with.
You could have easily said similar to "I would not recomend such products as mr sheen"

But you chose not to. You chose to start an argument.
If you had of left it at "I would not recomend such products as mr sheen" To use mr sheen would be my opinion, to not use mr sheen would have been yours. end of.

But no you have to resort to petty name calling too

You're an idiot.

This is a diy forum which is made up from questions, answers and opinions, just because you don't like an opinion does not mean you should start name calling.

may i suggest that you go away and have a great Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Back