Thanks to Chris R, and a recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd just like to say how impressed my sister and I are with Chris R.
She was having problems with her boiler, and not knowing much about DIY, I recommended she had a search on here for solutions or a heating engineer. As the boiler is 14 years old we were worried it might mean replacement, which obviously would be quite pricey.
She emailed Chris, who made some suggestions as to the cause of the problems, and then booked an appointment with him to have a look.

He came round today, spent about 2 1/2 hours having a look, didn't have exactly the right part, but managed to clean up the old one and get it all working properly, and for a very reasonable price.

So thanks Chris, nice to see there are top notch, good value engineers out there.

Sponsored Links
Not enough, obviously, dammit. But I'm rich already and she was nice. ;)

Sponsored Links
Quite a reasonable fee for a couple of hours but not sure if there were any parts used or not.

Either way, its working, and a damn sight cheaper than a new boiler :)

Intermittent fault, so may not be cured. All you can do is deal with the usual suspects.

I did feel a bit guilty for stuffing a cotton bud up the pilot burner, as the fluffy bit came off the end and I had to spend 20 minutes with a bent hair grip getting it out :rolleyes:

Chris did you get the price removed in case Agile would have claimed to be able to beat it by 99p :LOL:

next time burn the fluffy bit with a blow lamp & blow on it. 2 minutes.
or were you trying to drag the job out ?

So now the truth comes out ;)

In fairness, everyone is happy, and i'm confident if it goes wrong again you'll get another call Chris :p

Chris did you get the price removed in case Agile would have claimed to be able to beat it by 99p :LOL:

I never claim or even try to beat any independent prices! The only prices that I can always beat are British Gas installation and power flushing prices.

As we usually do repairs at a fixed price than anything that takes a long time or ( rarely ) a second visit are likely to be cheaper than those who charge on an hourly basis.

I take as long as it needs but I dont go stuffing cottom wool buds anywhere. It frightens me even seeing some people putting then in their ears!

Tony

next time burn the fluffy bit with a blow lamp & blow on it. 2 minutes.
or were you trying to drag the job out ?
But I was assured these were up market cotton buds for doing something girlie in eyes. Cleaned the clag out of the inside of the pilot burner tube a treat, so I wasn't about to risk burned bits of cotton bud/glue sticking in there.
I thnk the cotton bud ought to go back, it was obviously faulty and not fit for purpose.

I take as long as it needs but I dont go stuffing cottom wool buds anywhere. It frightens me even seeing some people putting then in their ears!

Tony

I had to do an emergency shift in an oldpeoples's psychiatric unit to special a confused man who tried to oil himself with 3 in 1 through the part most of us prefer not to stick objects.

Worst case of foreign body i had was a boy with a splinter in it!

but the oncology young girl who went down a slide and left her Hickman line behind takes some beating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back