That was funny

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it was to me

Some Tory MP who was at the latest 1922 commitee meeting addressed by Liz Truss

Described her performance to that of

A gas engineer who had just blown up yer house offering to come back and have another go to get it right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Yep, it's amateur hour alright. Thought couldn't go much lower than Doris - but the Tories have managed it. Crazy Kwasi is just an affirmative who's there to please dumbo libertards along with a few more box-tick imports in this motley crew. Few more months and it won't just look like a banana republic government on the front row - we'll have the economy of somewhere like Liberia or Congo to match.

When Paul Goodman writes openly in the Guardian condemning Tory tax plans and goes on in detail @ConservativeHome about the Chancellor's plight, then it becomes clear the Tories have become a pack of rats fighting in a sack. The comments below his article are grimly amusing, too.

Unless there is some massive change with the economy in her favour ? A lot of the Tory MPs will be unemployed ??

Sponsored Links
Blair - at the time - wanted as many to go to university as possible (I know, because I was in college when he said it). I think the reasoning was to create an economy built on services/IT. That had to have had a large impact on the numbers of those taking up courses in the 'manual' jobs, as I remember lads (and girls) at school wanting to do apprenticeships but instead going to university.

Twelve years of the Tories though is more than enough time to reverse that and lest we forget it was they who started charging would-be nurses/midwives for the privilege of choosing it as a career! I think a new nurse is now saddled with over £30,000 of debt.

The cheap foreign labour is the only alternative when fewer and fewer people want to pay that sort of figure!

Along with the rest of the country when labour get in.
Care to tell us how much the nasty party have spaffed away on their mates?

And their latest f*cked up 'budget' just cost the taxpayers £70bn, with more debts to come...

But then die hard tories along with their brexiteer numpty allies simply don't realise that they are the absolute definition of traitors!

I'm no fan of truss, I just can't see a credible alternative government.

Blair - at the time - wanted as many to go to university as possible (I know, because I was in college when he said it). I think the reasoning was to create an economy built on services/IT.
And at the same time fuelled the massive off-shoring of IT projects to the huge Indian IT services companies.

And at the same time fuelled the massive off-shoring of IT projects to the huge Indian IT services companies.

Yep -- a classic Blatcherism, where the policies of previous Tory governments simply continued. His premiership certainly covers the most prosperous period for this country within my lifetime, however, but of course so many of his policies were not sustainable long-term. He was just another appointed figure chosen by those powerful, unaccountable companies and 'think tanks' who are intertwined within the government. I think it was Benn who said in parliament once that we are an economy built on moving money around for a fee.

I used to work for a large high street pharmacy-led retailer, and in 2018 they made a fairly sizable number of the layout team redundant as they found it was much cheaper the outsource the work to India. This was during a huge project to 'refresh' around 1,500 of their stores. The firm later sold its contracted manufacturing business in Beeston (employing 1,000 men and women) to the French, who promised no job cuts. A profitable deal, but followed - unsurprisingly - by the announcement of a reduction to 33% of the workforce.

The lines between the two parties are very blurred, but I would still choose Labour over the Tories.

I think the reasoning was to create an economy built on services/IT.

Thing is, we did that.
But then the people running these businesses realised they could outsource to India and make even more money.
Then we all lost our jobs again.

If we want to keep UK people in the service industry there needs to be more regulation on outsourcing jobs to the lowest overseas bidder.
My wife and I were both made redundant (different companies) as a result of this.

But we also had an industry of lazy IT contractors who'd turn up at 10, stop for lunch at 12-2 and go home at 4. Then demand double money to watch a patch install itself on a Saturday. Charging a grand a day, because they knew SQL. That combined with the end of Y2K work, meant we were ripe for the taking.

You just don't expect government departments to be queuing up to spend UK tax payers money with these global off-shore giants.

Sponsored Links
Back