That was funny

We need to start making things again.
I agree, but feel I'm missing something.

I can understand growth comes from all the people having lots of money and it swirls around the economy and everyone's happy.
But all my major purchases are sending money abroad. Germany, S Korea, Japan,...
And them rich bstards send their money abroad to avoid paying tax on what it earns.
If we made widgets to export, Johnny foreigner would send us money, for our labour, right?

Other than financials, and consultants, and tourism, it strikes me as pretty difficult for service industry to attract foreign money.

Here's a list:

Sponsored Links
I'm no fan of truss, I just can't see a credible alternative government.
So the UK is simply destined to become a third world banana republic because there is 'no other choice'?

Well I guess that's what happens when a xenophobic minority of the electorate chooses to cling to an outdated voting system and enjoys having the corrupt dictate to them!

Yet another Labour good, Tories bad thread! They are both the same.

Sponsored Links
So the UK is simply destined to become a third world banana republic because there is 'no other choice'?

Well I guess that's what happens when a xenophobic minority of the electorate chooses to cling to an outdated voting system and enjoys having the corrupt dictate to them!
I think you over estimate the impact of politics on the success of a country. The alternative vote system was also overwhelmingly and democratically rejected. It wasn't even a close vote. How can this be a xenophobic minority?

I think you over estimate the impact of politics on the success of a country. The alternative vote system was also overwhelmingly and democratically rejected. It wasn't even a close vote. How can this be a xenophobic minority?
Both major parties don't want an alternative voting system. (we can discuss why, if you want) Both major parties spin their own mandates to appeal to the electorate.
Put those two sentences together and the result is obvious.

You keep saying this, so tell me: In what way are they 'both the same'?

I've already said, numerous times. But you are relatively new, so...

The policies of all the main parties are communist-leaning; no party is in any way conservative. The "Conservative Party" is not actually conservative and hasn't been for years. Conservative means to be careful with money, and since Tony Blair all governments have spent money that they haven't got. The current government is the worst ever in this respect - theirs was the biggest money printing splurge in history. Labour, greens, SNP and the Welsh ones are all proposing policies that essentially redistribute taxpayers' money to anything but taxpayers' interests. A truly conservative government, which is what we need, would turn the taps firmly OFF.

I've already said, numerous times. But you are relatively new, so...

The policies of all the main parties are communist-leaning; no party is in any way conservative. The "Conservative Party" is not actually conservative and hasn't been for years. Conservative means to be careful with money, and since Tony Blair all governments have spent money that they haven't got. The current government is the worst ever in this respect - theirs was the biggest money printing splurge in history. Labour, greens, SNP and the Welsh ones are all proposing policies that essentially redistribute taxpayers' money to anything but taxpayers' interests. A truly conservative government, which is what we need, would turn the taps firmly OFF.
Well, one of the definitions of Conservative is to be careful with money and i'll take it as your premise - but since Thatcher adopted Reaganomics in the 80s, the Tory party has subscribed to a buy-now-pay-later attitude to the way money flows through our economy and the national debt has been allowed to rise as a result.
The Conservative you refer to has been left behind and removed entirely from the party. Boris de Piffle defenestrated the remaining members of that ideology when he became PM and what we're left with is a pale blue imitation of the American Republican Party.
Also; take a look at 'Britannia Unchained', written 10 years ago by Truss, Kwasi, Raab etc. Then take another look at 'Atlas Unchained', by Ayn Rand in the early 60s and you'll see more similarities than just the title of their thesis.
You can summarise their economic theory as "take what you can get; give nothing back!"

Last edited:
The Conservative you refer to has been left behind and removed entirely from the party. Boris de Piffle defenestrated the remaining members of that ideology when he became PM and what we're left with is a pale blue imitation of the American Republican Party.
On one of the news channels the other day, someone made a comment about a possible unity candidate, along the lines of: "They need one of the big names of the party, someone like William Hague."
I thought, "Blimey is it so bad that William Hague is now one of the big names of the party?"

Sponsored Links
Back