The advice givers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Micilin, roughcaster, royc, and others,

You are a wealth of knowlege, i have been plastering for about six years,and always come on here to read all of your information for guidance, hints and tips, its like having my old boss pick up the trowel for me and say , why are you doing it like that? this is what you need to do.
So id just like to say on behalf of me and other plasterers out there (and my customers on tricky jobs) THANK YOU and keep up the great work.

Sponsored Links

You are a wealth of knowlege, i have been plastering for about six years,and always come on here to read all of your information for guidance, hints and tips, its like having my old boss pick up the trowel for me and say , why are you doing it like that? this is what you need to do.
So id just like to say on behalf of me and other plasterers out there (and my customers on tricky jobs) THANK YOU and keep up the great work.

You're welcome. I have learned a lot here too from everyone especially the older lads :cool:

What I like is that there is usually more than one way of getting the end result and you never know if something might be better til you try!

Thank You Sp/Lay,, and as Micilin said, you're most welcome,, it's great passing on old experiences and tips, that can and do apply to the modern day plasterer.
When i think,, i go out and plaster all day,, most days,, even Saturdays now and again,, yet i can't wait to get home, switch on the computer, to talk about??? yep,, you've guessed it,, plastering. :rolleyes: Sad or what?? I love it.

Hi Sp/lay thank you for your kind words, as the lads have said it is nice that people ask and learn, and it is like RC says its nice to come on the site and have a banter .It makes it all worth while seeing the likes of you and other young lads(and lassies) wanting to learn the ins and outs of a great profession and also earning a living from it. ;)

Sponsored Links
It makes it all worth while seeing the likes of you and other young lads(and lassies) wanting to learn the ins and outs of a great profession and also earning a living from it. ;)

Don't forget the DIYers too :D ;)

I don't do it for a living - but thoroughly enjoy spending weekend time (or even some holiday time) plastering.

Would thoroughly agree with spreadandlay's sentiments. It is much appreciated you sharing experiences gained from years of hard graft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back