Practice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has been on an intensive training course, learning how to plaster.

He's been practising in our garage by taking wet plaster from a board and just keeps loading his trowel, then puts it back, and Repeats.

He's fed up with this now, I suppose the only other thing he can do is get a plasterboard and keep plastering it?

Is there any tips on how to gain practice without doing the obvious; going to a job?

Also, is there any other mixture that he can use that feels like multifinish instead of mixing it up, time and again.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could do what my mum did when I wanted to learn how to plaster, and let him loose on a few walls in your house! Failing that, b&q offer free adult plastering courses, and there more than happy for you to go back more than once. Nobody has to know he's been on a course, and they provide all the plaster etc. he can practice there for free and you could go with him!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back