The Apprentice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well - anyone see the series? Did Alan Sugar choose the right person? I think Tim was the best of the final two and wish him well in this financial heaven of a year - £100 000 - not bad if you can get it. :p

Sponsored Links
Whilst I had other preferences for the Job, based on limited knowledge of them obviously, I do believe in the overall scheme of things Tim was the best candidate for the Job with the exception perhaps of Ben.

I quite liked Paul, James and Miriam, and I feel that all have some serious talent to offer potential employers, Miriam is not a natural Manager and is too easily deflected by thjos around her, but if she addressed this then sahe would be very good indeed. James was a nice Guy but a bit too wishy washy at times, and I think that in some business environments he would excel, as he has already, but I'm not sure that he is right for the world of Sugar.

Paul has many skills, but his firey temper is his downfall, it is clear to see this was his failure, and as someone with a similar problem I can identify readily with the cause.

Personally I think if James, Paul, Ben and Miriam could find a compnay to work together as a team they would be formidable as they have skills that complelent each other easily, and usually when together they tend to leave tasks up to those with the talent for that task.

Who knows, perhaps, and I hope it is the case, all will get job offers on the back of the program that are equal to what they have missed out on.

No comment on the loosing finalist.

It was interesting to see that the person who won the job was not the person with the best selling skills, managing skills, idea generation skills,etc.. He was basically the most inoffensive of them all and whilst obviously a clever guy, had no strong business charateristics either way. This is probably, and ironically, what got him the job.

I watched all the programmes, very good TV, not my No1 choice but out of the last two, yes right choice. An apprentice has got to be somebody who can take skills on board, ie listen.. So with that in mind, he should do well. Also seems an inoffensive guy.

Sponsored Links
I thought James was great, bourne out by his peace-making role in the last show.

He did fantastically well on the QVC-style task, and despite peeing himself laughing over the wolf jacket, managed to keep a straight face when selling it!

Miriam too was brill - as Sir Alan said, her firing was a mistake and he rang her later to apologise.

For me, I would have had those two in the final.

Paul should have gone long ago for his temper, and so too Saira, because she DID lie about the handshake - Paul did shake her hand outside the boardroom, but she insisted he did not. For lying, she should have been fired. As Sir Alan said in the intro, "I don't like liars......"

There. That's my twoppennyworth.

the show was called ' the apprentice' thats the whole point.

Sugar wanted someone who was able to LEARN, is that not what being an apprentice is all about. not being someone who has all the skills already and will try to take a lead from the start?
Tim was the true Apprentice.
The best choice was made. :D

Back