Public Humiliation

Reaction score
Country
Palau
You thought it was about you, lol.

Now seriously, just watching The Apprentice.
Took me back to my school days.

In the final of the Apprentice the two finalists had to
choose 2 teams. It was cringeworthy, humiliating IMO
where the last few were left standing as the leaders chose a person each.

The above took me back to my school days, I hated the choosing bit
as I was rubbish at Football as I hated it and ok but not outstanding in
all the other sports we played and we played almost all of them.
Re football I was always left until the few.

The Apprentice, the contestants going through that is being publicly
humiliated as I see it easially those left until last. In their case they had an option
but at shcool and at work you don't.

At work we were on training more than we worked, lol. That's the council for you but
I told our manager I was not going through that thing where 2 or several people chose their team. Guess what, the managers agreed with me and we had volunteer leaders and I never volunteered and the teams were randomly chosen eG going around and giving numbers etc and you ended up in that number team. Much better.

In schools, I'm not sure if they still chose teams like they did in the Apprentice but it can
mark you for life as some kids always come last, not because they are not good or even better than the other but their face does not fit in.

If it does still go on in schools it must be outlawed and if it happens in your workplace and you have the guts, speak out like I did.

A couple of close friends of mine refused to watch the Apprentice as it reminded them too much of the bullying, put-downs, back stabbings, lying etc at work.

TBH, I love watching the show but it's getting boring but it does take me back to school and work. Thankfully (though it did not feel like it at the start) being a victim of bullying etc at work and school made me into a stronger man. It was speaking out, taking the lead takes a lot of guts when you are complaining re so-called management and their cronies but then other victims come and speak to you and if they have what it takes they join you to put a stop to unfairness at work.

Therefore, if you have meetings, away days at work and you are going to be split into a group, and you are often lead or one of the first chosen, consider your workmate how they feel being left behind. There are much better ways of choosing teams other than in the humiliating way as mentioned in this thread.

So do your bit at work/school and be prepared for clowns to take the p but it will make you
a stronger and better person.

Btw, when I was younger, I did not care too much about others other than some of my family
but for some of us as we get older we become wiser fact. Since the age of early twenties, people have often said to me that I'm actually quite a wise, caring, good, decent man/guy. When most are older, we then think about others more than we think about ourselves.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I always remember the time at school when the PE teacher chose the two boys who were always picked last, to be captains so they could avoid the humiliation of being last to be picked. Oh no... wait... that never happened. week in, week out it was always the favourites of the football team who were captains.

I always remember the time at school when the PE teacher chose the two boys who were always picked last, to be captains so they could avoid the humiliation of being last to be picked. Oh no... wait... that never happened. week in, week out it was always the favourites of the football team who were captains.

Very clever indeed.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is indeed a thoroughly researched fact that people of a younger age are more heavily impacted by being made to look inferior and that is what it is, friend.

How about works teams???????

I'm not sure what PE games are mandatory these days (if any) but as someone who was never that into football, rugby etc, PE doesn't hold many fond memories for me. I think having a general PE class is a good idea for those physically able to participate (e.g. jogging around the playing field, stretching etc) however I think games such as football and especially rugby should be optional.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what PE games are mandatory these days (if any) but as someone who was never that into football, rugby etc, PE doesn't hold many fond memories for me. I think having a general PE class is a good idea for those physically able to participate (e.g. jogging around the playing field, stretching etc) however I think games such as football and especially rugby should be optional.

To my surprise, children aged 4/5 get PE clases as per our grandchildren

Re football, though I was no fan of it nor cricket but liked Rugby, IMHO, at my high school we played the aforementioned, Americas baseball, netball, basketball, rounders, athletics inc javiline, disc, high and long jump, running inc long-distance, volleyball, chick between badminton and tennis I loved both played both and do (squash was not played as we did not have facilities) swimming, gymnastics, everything ai can think of - at uni i played badminingtom most of the time and a few goes at ruby but boys were big and hard.

At school especially in sports classes as per my OP, work and some other school setting, picking people like mentioned in my OP is a big no, nO for me and as per my OP I have challenged and won over managers. I got, had what it takes to be a manager as but I was too fair and soft therefore could not do that job.

IMO, many may have been scarred for life by being constantly left in the last few and I recall a classmate called xx always, almost always being picked last and on the rare occasion when he was last but one soem kids joked about it.

There are many and easy alternatives.

At work, I was once advised we have to get several people per team of xx grade ie higher grade as the clown manager felt they had more experience as they should but in reality got there via nepotism etc and mush fitted in. I challenged them it was not required they sniggered. Guess what, my team won and we had the newest, newly qualified people in my team and non were managers or seniors.

The Aprrentice is getting boring but I watch it for the bitch slapping, public humiliations, the lying, the backstabbing and the cringeworthiness of the show as it takes me back to school and earlier years at work and how I slapped down their behaviour but with the help of other victims, decent personnel that were not afraid and a couple of managers from other departments who had worked with me before.

Therefore, never forget if you have an away day t work or your child/grandchild is made to feel uncomfortable at school, challenge them. At work, its hard to challenge established bullies and their cronies but the will be caught out if you are ready to make a stand but I acknowledge it's easier said that done as I had several miserable years at school and work.

Being chosen in the way I have mentioned in my OP is nothing but public humiliation unless you want to be there like the tv show.

The apprentice :ROFLMAO:

s**** program imo

an example of a bunch of people attempting to flog ****e

accepting no responsibility
Blaming every one else and s***ing on any one

they could all
Be politicians :ROFLMAO:

i used to watch the apprentice and enjoy the program as it had generally good fairly level contestants who were competitive and generally fair but with an edge
over the years it got more devious more manipulative more self self self and more controversial around the time perhaps 10 -12 years ago when the rather opinionated hopkirk was on the show i decided the producers as with all shows had changed standards to the more extreme to try and keep ratings and as with all shows changing the content and feel to be a different product for a different audience so lost interest

At work, I was once advised we have to get several people per team of xx grade ie higher grade as the clown manager felt they had more experience as they should but in reality got there via nepotism etc and mush fitted in. I challenged them it was not required they sniggered. Guess what, my team won and we had the newest, newly qualified people in my team and non were managers or seniors.
Won what? Was it an interdepartmental tiddlywinks competition? Were you the top winker?

Alan Sugar, probably the poorest of computer founders of his generation. He was right place, right time, right product, wrong vision. 1985 Amstrad was worth £1.2bn, but 2007 it was worth 1/10th of that. Sugar like low quality, high margin. He's not one to build a vision.

Alan Sugar, probably the poorest of computer founders of his generation. He was right place, right time, right product, wrong vision. 1985 Amstrad was worth £1.2bn, but 2007 it was worth 1/10th of that. Sugar like low quality, high margin. He's not one to build a vision.

True on all accounts but others have gone belly up, EG TINY computers. Therefore, if Lord Sugar can still get away the margins you claim, good luck to him.

Just watched the Australian version - looks completely fixed the celeb version not sure if they have another like England.
I like a good bitch fight is what used to make these shows.

Sponsored Links
Back