The cheap way out??!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently screeded a concrete floor as it was uneven - I now want to tile it. I have some porcelain floor tiles - is it possible/sensible to lay the floor tiles with a building sand/cement (3:1) mix rather than use an expensive tile adhesive.

For your reference the room is very small (6'x7') - its going to be a utility room.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Regards - Twinkle

'A shining star'

Sponsored Links
no you can't use sand and cement, because it won't bond to the porcelain tile. you need a modified adhesive for porcelain or an adhesive with porcelbond in it.

I agree, sand and cement may seem like a good alternative but in the end you'll wish you stuck with what the manufacturer recommended. If that's really not an option, at least try an adhesive that is for the same product type. a lot of internet flooring stores offer great deals on their products if you really want to save money..try ifloor.com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back