The Clitheroe Prime Minister

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If any of you fance a heartwarming rant of a read, get a copy of the Clitheroe Prime Minister. He puts the world to rights ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Just read the reviews and it sounds like a good read. Will add it to my list.

Have you read The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists?

Thanks. Just read the reviews and it sounds like a good read. Will add it to my list.

Have you read The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists?
Sure have. Am currently reading "Look who's Back". Some very funny bits in it and well worth a read IMHO.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: I love the cover. One for Coathanger methinks!
If that was a vague reference to me, then I'm highly honoured that I permeate your thoughts so much that everything you see, you have a vision of how I would perceive things.
That's one of the nicest things anyone has said on this forum fo a long time. Thank you.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I haven't read it yet but, from the reviews, some aspects of the character remind me of our Nige!

If only!

If I'd had a paper copy, I'd happily send it to you. However, kindle is as kindle does.

No wonder publishing companies are going out of business.

BOOKS are for reading!
Not some fancy electronic gadget that feels like a house brick, and, (from my brief experience of looking at someone elses gadget), contains more spelling/grammatical errors than an average teenagers GCSE exam paper. :evil:

If I'd had a paper copy, I'd happily send it to you. However, kindle is as kindle does.

So glad nobody ever buys second hand books :rolleyes:

BOOKS are for reading!
Not some fancy electronic gadget that feels like a house brick,
Have you actually ever picked up a book?
and, (from my brief experience of looking at someone elses gadget), contains more spelling/grammatical errors than an average teenagers GCSE exam paper. :evil:
One trusts that the lack of apostrophes is deliberate, athough one could never be sure in your case.

To be able to buy second hand books they first have to be published. By buying second hand books you are also helping to employ someone to run the book stall/shop.

I constantly read books which cover a wide variety of subjects/topics.

The lack of an apostrophe hardly detracts from the easy reading of a sentence that is, otherwise, grammatically correct. However, when a passage running for more than four lines contains numerous grammatical errors, and spelling mistakes, one wonders if these transcripts are actually ever checked for mistakes.

So glad nobody ever buys second hand books :rolleyes:

Nobody? Do you mean "no-one"?

and, (from my brief experience of looking at someone elses gadget), contains more spelling/grammatical errors than an average teenagers GCSE exam paper. :evil:
One trusts that the lack of apostrophes is deliberate, athough one could never be sure in your case.

There is no missing apostrophe in my original post.

There is no missing apostrophe in my original post.
Sorry, conny, but that should read; "There are no missing apostrophes". ;)
The first statement should have been: "someone else's gadget" and "teenager's GCSE exam paper", or even "teenagers' exam papers". ;)

Sponsored Links
Back