The Clitheroe Prime Minister

Sponsored Links
:LOL: I love the cover. One for Coathanger methinks!
If that was a vague reference to me, then I'm highly honoured that I permeate your thoughts so much that everything you see, you have a vision of how I would perceive things.
That's one of the nicest things anyone has said on this forum fo a long time. Thank you.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you know I love you :LOL:

:LOL: I love the cover. One for Coathanger methinks!
If that was a vague reference to me, then I'm highly honoured that I permeate your thoughts so much that everything you see, you have a vision of how I would perceive things.
That's one of the nicest things anyone has said on this forum fo a long time. Thank you.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you know I love you really, more and more each day. :LOL:
Now steady on, old chap. I don't do gushing. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just finished The Clitheroe Prime Minister.

Thought It was a really good read and covered most of the subjects that we all rant about on a daily basis. I say 'most' because there was one obvious subject that the author didn't really approach in too much detail which was a shame.

Hi Squeeky, this came up on my Google Alert for the Clitheroe Prime Minister. I really appreciate your feedback. I'd love to know which area you felt Jim should have mentioned? There were loads of topics that were just too risky to touch on, most notably religion, terrorism and immigration. Capital punishment has attracted the most feedback - but I dread to think what those three topics might have caused if dealt with in Jim's no nonsense style :)

Thanks again
Best regards
Steve

Hi Squeeky, this came up on my Google Alert for the Clitheroe Prime Minister. I really appreciate your feedback. I'd love to know which area you felt Jim should have mentioned? There were loads of topics that were just too risky to touch on, most notably religion, terrorism and immigration. Capital punishment has attracted the most feedback - but I dread to think what those three topics might have caused if dealt with in Jim's no nonsense style :)

Thanks again
Best regards
Steve

I can appreciate that. It has long been held that one should never discuss religion to avoid stirring up fierce arguments.

Immigration and race are becoming similar no-go areas.

Thanks again
Best regards
Steve

Hi Steve.

It took me few minutes before I realised who you were.

Thanks for your post. You have answered your own question. I guessed that was the reason why you avoided expanding on certain subjects, which is a shame because those topics appear to be the main topics. I totally understand why though. If you read other posts on this forum you will see how things can be turned around and that would not have been good for your sales.

I hope the book does well for you and I look forward to your next one.

Regards

We're honoured to have the author amongst us and congratulations on the book and its high amazon ratings. Don't suppose you're up to giving me a commission for advertising your book on here?:mrgreen:

Must admit I felt a bit short changed by the way you ended the book - it made the main character and his strong held beliefs look like a weakling who hadn;t the courage of his convictions after all.

I wonder if your original intention was to use the disappeared councillor to come back and "off" Jim in a no-nonsense manner but you decided or were persuaded against it to allow for sequels to be written ;)

Cheers for the comment! I'm just working on the finishing touches to a novel about a serial killer in Manchester. After that, I'll start on Jim's return, which I hope to have out this time next year. It was set up for a sequel - but the main characters over riding concern was protecting his wife. I think you'll enjoy Jim with his spin doctors who make a balls up over everything Jim says in the 2nd one. Still thinking of a title... Big Jim is back?

Thanks a lot - have a great weekend, and take your brolly :)

Best regards
Steve

and, (from my brief experience of looking at someone elses gadget), contains more spelling/grammatical errors than an average teenagers GCSE exam paper. :evil:
One trusts that the lack of apostrophes is deliberate, athough one could never be sure in your case.

There is no missing apostrophe in my original post.
Sorry, conny, but that should read; "There are no missing apostrophes". ;)
The first statement should have been: "someone else's gadget" and "teenager's GCSE exam paper", or even "teenagers' exam papers". ;)

Actually, no. Since he used the singular form of the word 'apostrophe', it's clear he believed the absence or inclusion of only one apostrophe was under discussion. Therefore his sentence was correct. The fact there are more than one missing from his original post is neither here nor there, what matters is that his grammar matched what he was attempting to say in the post you incorrectly corrected. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cheers for the comment! I'm just working on the finishing touches to a novel about a serial killer in Manchester. After that, I'll start on Jim's return, which I hope to have out this time next year. It was set up for a sequel - but the main characters over riding concern was protecting his wife. I think you'll enjoy Jim with his spin doctors who make a balls up over everything Jim says in the 2nd one. Still thinking of a title... Big Jim is back?

Thanks a lot - have a great weekend, and take your brolly :)

Best regards
Steve
I take it that's a "no" to the commission then? :LOL: :LOL:

You could have a whole series about Jim - how about "Jim and the whirling Neuterers" as a title

PS - hope you don't get into any bother over the somewhat obvious Rebecca Brookes parallel :LOL: :LOL: She's got a strong legal team, doncha know. Maybe sometime in the future you could write a book called "Big Jim and Citizeness Rebecca". This could become a lovely spoof series a bit like Harry Flashman :LOL: :LOL:

and, (from my brief experience of looking at someone elses gadget), contains more spelling/grammatical errors than an average teenagers GCSE exam paper. :evil:
One trusts that the lack of apostrophes is deliberate, athough one could never be sure in your case.

There is no missing apostrophe in my original post.
Sorry, conny, but that should read; "There are no missing apostrophes". ;)
The first statement should have been: "someone else's gadget" and "teenager's GCSE exam paper", or even "teenagers' exam papers". ;)

Actually, no. Since he used the singular form of the word 'apostrophe', it's clear he believed the absence or inclusion of only one apostrophe was under discussion. Therefore his sentence was correct. The fact there are more than one missing from his original post is neither here nor there, what matters is that his grammar matched what he was attempting to say in the post you incorrectly corrected. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I cannot believe how pathetically infantile you are.
a) it's taken you three weeks to respond,
b) you're only responding on this thread because you can't reasonably respond on the other thread,
c) you're still wrong.
I reproduce conny's comment for you, below:
and, (from my brief experience of looking at someone elses gadget), contains more spelling/grammatical errors than an average teenagers GCSE exam paper.
Now by my limited grammatical ability, I think it should have read:
and, (from my brief experience of looking at someone else's gadget), contains more spelling/grammatical errors than an average teenager's GCSE exam paper.

Count the new apostrophes. If you can count. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back