The deductive powers of the modern police

Sponsored Links
It's true that if the police want support from the law-abiding public (as they used to have at one time) they need to show that they are supporting the law-abiding public.

Instead, we have examples (such as the one posted above) where, in trying to be 'impartial', they threaten or even arrest the innocent party.

I suppose they are obliged, as so many of us are today, to 'tick the appropriate boxes' rather than exercise common sense.

In that respect, it may not be entirely the police's fault, but that of the pen-pushers who make all the ridiculous rules for us these days.

I sometimes despair that, with so many new rules and regulations (to say nothing of diktats from Brussels) we shall never regain our freedom or even ability to exercise our common sense.

I said to my employee (in front of the little poser) 'You didn't actually expect any help from these guys did you?

Don't call them then. Simple stuff.

The demise of respect for the Police started with attitudes like yours.
The demise of the country soon followed.

Now look where we are. :rolleyes:

Wrong way round I'm afraid. I am ex services so I was all originally all for law and order. In fact I still am all for law and order.
That's the problem.
The lack of respect for the Police actually started with their lack of respect for the people they serve.
When I made efforts to help the police in the past it always went unrewarded.
Saw two scroats hanging round a car park tooled up with a hold all.
rang the police and they went to get them. Described the holdall they had so the police would identify them Green sportsbag with white Head logo. They fled as it happens past me and without the green holdall with a white head logo. Copper comes up and I said they just went past me 30 seconds ago . . but they didn't have the bag. retraced steps and 25m back they had dumped the bag in a litter bin.
I was interviewed a week later and shown some pics and asked if one particular photo was one of the ones I had seen. It was and I indentified him from it. The officer said it can't be he was somewhere else that day...?? Whatever well it went to trial and when I turned up as a witness I was suddenly told the trial was cancelled. Apparently the CPS had pulled out stating a 'lack of continuity' of evidence. ie the bag I had seen them with and was found immediately after they ran past me in a bin en route from the car park was inadmissible evidence as noone actually saw them put the bag in the bin.
I guess what they really meant was the officers had messed up and didn't ask any bystanders at the bin if they had seen who put it there. There were loads of people around it was inside a busy shopping centre and everyone would have noticed two scroats sprinting through the place. So it went tits up and a young Police officer spoke to me and suggested I make a complaint for having my time wasted but you know what I didn't bother. The system had gone too far to seed. The lawyers and policymakers had screwed everything up and the Police were struggling to adapt to this new landscape. Reams of red tape were strangling the Police but I dont use that to excuse the Police one bit. When things started to unravel they should have made their feelings heard.
The Police should have gone on strike then all those years ago when they knew they were losing public backing and sympathy but they didn't they just accepted it and THAT is their fault noone elses.

Just like other public servants who get wages whether they do a productive days work or not like GPs and Nurses or Council staff they dont strike when they feel they are being compromised in their ability to do their jobs they only strike when someone wants to reduce their wages or make them do what they already should be doing.

Anyway don't cry about Police not being liked you are not there to be liked you are there to uphold the law supposedly without fear or favour but you don't you take the easy route out of neglecting the public you are supposed to serve at the expense of the policymakers because little Joe public has no teeth and as an individual is inconsequential regardless of rights or wrongs whereas your Bosses and the Policymakers can get you disciplined or sacked or affect your position or salary.

You cannot put your hand on your heart and say that the law abiding public are being properly looked after.

But Bean - there are good and bad in every organisation but what you usually find is that when faced with unethical situations the good ones will usually leave and only the ones who can carry on pursuing false goals without any prick of their conscience will stay.
How many long term Officers do you know happy with the political landscape in the Police force? If they were telling the truth it would be none and the ones who have seen all the changes are just hanging it out or their pensions.

The fault "of" the police is their apparent inability to spot a motive or speak it out loud, seeing as finding out the motive is kind of their job, one would expect them to be able to do so, no?

Why would they dare even call it a 'suspected' attack by a muslim on religious grounds. Liberals and lefties would rip them a new a*sehole.

Who's fault's THAT.

Your own for not standing up to them.

Not all rules have to be followed.

Used to run a woodworking factory where staff used bandsaws to cut shapes in wood.
Health and safety turned up and demanded that all the bandsaws had guards on the blades.

Duly ordered and fitted and dumped after a week. Why.. The bandsawers had to follow shapes drawn from patterns onto the wood and they could not see the lines they were supposed to be following.

25 years and none of my staff lost a finger on a bandsaw . With the guards in place and the blade out of site I would have given it a month before we would have been picking up someones fingers from the sawdust hopper.

Sponsored Links
Whilst I tend to agree with everything you say, mdf, I wonder whether this lack of interest by the police may have possibly been brought about, at least in part, by their lack of support by the CPS and the courts.

I know that if I had gone to a lot of trouble to arrest a thug, and possibly been injured in so doing, only to find that any case against him had been dropped for 'technical reasons' or, in the unlikely event he was found guilty in court, he was given a derisory sentence, I think I'd be feeling 'why should I bother?'

Talking of sentences, I think that's one of the longest I have ever posted. Sorry!

Whilst I tend to agree with everything you say, mdf, I wonder whether this lack of interest by the police may have possibly been brought about, at least in part, by their lack of support by the CPS and the courts.

I know that if I had gone to a lot of trouble to arrest a thug, and possibly been injured in so doing, only to find that any case against him had been dropped for 'technical reasons' or, in the unlikely event he was found guilty in court, he was given a derisory sentence, I think I'd be feeling 'why should I bother?'

Talking of sentences, I think that's one of the longest I have ever posted. Sorry!

That has a huge part to play in it too without a doubt but the CPS had to evolve to cut down on historical unethical practices within the police . 'Fitting people up' wasn't something that just happened in movies it was happening in real life. . . . but as I mentioned previously the Police should have kicked a fuss up at the time instead of just things slide.

You cannot put your hand on your heart and say that the law abiding public are being properly looked after.

But to me, you're missing the fundamental point.

The hands of the Police have been progressively tied over the years, due to the bloody do-gooders who complain about the very pro-active actions, that they then, in turn, call for when they find themselves screaming for help.

The Police can't win.

It's certainly not a coincidence that we now have a generation of scum and disorder, and the Police can't do a thing about it.
And to be fair, why the f*ck should they bother.

And he whinges when he only gets a incident number after a burgalry icon_rolleyes.gif

So do i . That's not a result, that's an excuse not even a reason.
What do you do with the number with no insurance?.

The number is there to follow up on, and they will eventually send someone out anyway.

Having no insurance? Well only an idiot would do that anyway

And he whinges when he only gets a incident number after a burgalry icon_rolleyes.gif

The number is there to follow up on, and they will eventually send someone out anyway.

I must point out that I have had a couple of 'incident numbers' in the past, following incidents of criminal damage, if I recall. I have never had a 'follow-up visit', though.

What a load of crap,they don't always send a followup officer out' i KNOW they don't always.

I'm unemployed as is a lot of people, and don't have money for insurance, hence my car going, so then, we are all idiots???, be a bigger idiot to drive with no insurance.

Ex copper, can tell with the attitude.

Do you imagine that the ordinary rank and file police on the thin blue line want things the way they are?

+100k plods vs a few hundred top brass looking to make a name in politics with political correctness orders.

They have numbers, they have unions, maybe they should use those to further more than their own pay packet and pension, but to smash the PC hold they apparently dislike.

But isn't starting pay for new PCs being slashed?

Do you imagine that the ordinary rank and file police on the thin blue line want things the way they are?

+100k plods vs a few hundred top brass looking to make a name in politics with political correctness orders.

They have numbers, they have unions, maybe they should use those to further more than their own pay packet and pension, but to smash the PC hold they apparently dislike.

But isn't starting pay for new PCs being slashed?

Starting pay is, but is still an attractive 19k (how many jobs do you know where as a novice trainee you get 19k?).

I still find it difficult to understand why a client can just not pay you £12500 (yes that's twelve thousand five hundred pounds) for work properly and competently carried out under contract but police have no interest whatsoever. And the new policy on fraud now (beginning a few days ago) is that anything under £500 is not even investigated. A young girl can have acid thrown in her face by a religious fanatical loon but the best the police can do is 'keep an open mind'. BUT, you inadvertantly wander 3 or 4 miles per hour over that limit and you WILL be hunted down and you WILL be prosecuted with no mercy. The resources for that particular bit of policework is seemingly bottomless.

What a load of crap,they don't always send a followup officer out' i KNOW they don't always.

I'm unemployed as is a lot of people, and don't have money for insurance, hence my car going, so then, we are all idiots???, be a bigger idiot to drive with no insurance.

Ex copper, can tell with the attitude.

Not a lod of crap at all....the number is there for you to use. Call in to the station, ring them up and ask for feedback. THE NUMBER IS NOT ISSUED FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES like some people think.

Have a look at the number of crimes reported in your county each day, then look how many officers are employeed by your local force.....and people expect the police to come round everytime there is a crime....IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back