The Economics of Prostitution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw a TV documentary once about prostitution in which the policemen featured said heavier policing of red light areas actually forces prices down, but I can neither remember the reason they gave or work it out.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Sponsored Links
i would imagine that theres more chance of the kerb crawlers being stopped, which makes it less atractive. Hence prices may drop to attract them.....buy one get one free etc!

Thermo said:
i would imagine that theres more chance of the kerb crawlers being stopped, which makes it less atractive. Hence prices may drop to attract them.....buy one get one free etc!

Now that has a comedy sketch in the making Thermo..

Prossies offering a special... BOGOF!!! :LOL: :LOL:

I can just imagine the church going do gooders having kittens at that thought!!

Sponsored Links
I used to work beside Ipswich's red light district (I was at Eastern Electricity in Russell Road, and I believe Portman Road, where next-door football stadium is, was the main centre).

It could be a bit startling if you worked late and left to find one stationed at the office gate, one in the car park, one on the street corner, bunches of them walking down the hill from the town centre.

Even some of the roads round the office were officially No Entry after dark so that kerb-crawlers could be arrested, it made the drive home a bit tricky :oops:

I don't know if Suffolk people are particularly keen on that sort of thing.

The equivalent of of a 'buy one and get one free' in the world of prostitution is...

"Buy one and I'll give you one".

Thermo said:
probably not at the moment though :cry:

Unfortunately your so right Thermo. I only hope that they can catch this person before the body count rises too far..

The fact that they are Prostitutes should not harden peoples attitudes to the victims, they still have the right to life and there is no guarantee that any future victims will not be a normal member of the public that the perpetrator has confused with a Prostitute.

Fingers crossed for a quick resolution...

Prostitutes ARE normal members of the public and their 'right to life' is the same as yours. What makes you see them as some sort of semi-human underclass?

cheap ugly ones
I dont know one of them was worth a go on ...not now obviously ... :)

Sponsored Links
Back