The fall of democracy.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's going to happen sometime in the next two decades. That's a fact.

Why? Because democracy is government for the good times. It's a sort of "What shall we spend our money on this week?" sort of system.
"Let's build a bridge and 3 new schools". Or, "Let's build a motorway and give GPs a pay rise".

This is all fine and dandy in the good times when employment is high and the taxation system operates, but in the bad times when the wheels are falling off the little red, white and blue wagon - it's a different story. Tough times need tough decisions and democracy doesn't allow that to happen because if the people don't like the bitter pill - they can vote out the government. Take the poll tax as an example.

The tough decisions to be made today centre around oil - and the lack of it.
A responsible government would:

Cut motorway speeds to 50mph and enforce it rigidly.

Issue car makers with a formula so that all cars must meet targets for fuel consumption. Basically all cars would look like Smart cars.

Gas guzzling 4 x 4s would have a road tax of £2000 as would any other vehicle that couldn't meet specified consumption figures.

The duty on fuel would be tripled to restrict wastage and the revenue raised put into free public transport.

We would leave Europe (politically) and encourage as many people to leave the country as possible so that we have a meaner leaner workforce so that there are no passengers when the economy slows down.

Child allowance would be means tested.

No benefit increase for chavs popping out more feral youth.

That will do for my first mornings work.

It's called a benign dictatorship.

I'm ready when you are.

Sponsored Links
How long did it take you to come up with that lot?

You really need to get out more, it may help you to see the World as it really is rather than this microcosmic little World that you seem to exist in.

It's going to happen sometime in the next two decades. That's a fact.
:rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's already been well established that you wouldn't recognise a fact if it bit you on the ar5e ... They don't seem to exist in Joe World.

Democracy has survived through far far far far worse times than we now face or will face.

Stop being such a harpinger of doom and gloom ... Get out in the sunshine and pick some flowers or emigrate or something :cool:

MW

Cut motorway speeds to 50mph and enforce it rigidly.
I'm surprised this Government haven't forced it in, I'm guessing that they will lose loads of money :!:

I think the most economical speed is around 56mph (?) which not only will save fuel but emissions and reduce traffic deaths as well.

Joe still hasn't got his leg over with the missus, by the sounds of it :).

Sponsored Links
It's ALL about ££££'s NOTHING else matters in politics.

We ain't gonna see a reduction in the speed limit in this country in my lifetime so I'll keep guzzling the oil reserves away whizzing down the motorway in my Honda trying to achieve takeoff velocity but not quite getting there :LOL:

I'll take oil seriously when the US does because anything this piddle-ar5ed little country of ours does will have no effect whatsoever on the overall picture.

This goes for green issues, climate issues, oil and everything else.

Joe still hasn't got his leg over with the missus, by the sounds of it.
It's okay the postman is still doing her regularly and I have a bash once in a while just to show her what's she's missing ... Apparently, and don't spread this around, she had to ask Joe if it was actually in :eek: She asked him to waggle it about a bit just to be sure ... Shame :LOL:

MW

Im with Joe on this one , heads will a roll soon, we need the gulitine back there is going to be a rioting.

The rich corprates have taken a bit to much out of the honey pot this time and joe public wont wear the corruption much longer.

Apparently, and don't spread this around, she had to ask Joe if it was actually in :eek: She asked him to waggle it about a bit just to be sure ... Shame :LOL:

MW

Yeh, I have the same problem when hooking up my DVD player, bloody Scart leads :evil:

The duty on fuel would be tripled to restrict wastage and the revenue raised put into free public transport.

Well, that's one way to knacker the economy. What happens when all of the haulage firms go bust? Who'll deliver all of the goods to the shops. And when the goods get to the shops, they'll be so expensive, no-one will be able to afford them.

Great idea, joe.

Democracy has never existed! it's another name for Lack of freedom and choice, Control of the masses..cy would be more appropriate.

Im with Joe on this one , heads will a roll soon, we need the gulitine back there is going to be a rioting.

The rich corprates have taken a bit to much out of the honey pot this time and joe public wont wear the corruption much longer.

it will be fun when there will not be enough money to pay unemployment benefits and less people paying tax cause they won't have a job.
Race riots will happen in this country, native versus immigrants and immigrants versus immigrants, EE gangs are alreqdy fighting turks in london, black gangs fighting each other everyday in london.
The ones that will keep making money are employees of the legal system, more crimes will be committed hence more solicitors will need to be hired. People will be at home rather than at work so they'll have more time to think about suing someone under the no win no fee bullshit promoted by the cash-cow solicitor/barrister/judge lobby.

it will be fun when there will not be enough money to pay unemployment benefits and less people paying tax cause they won't have a job.
Race riots will happen in this country, native versus immigrants and immigrants versus immigrants, EE gangs are alreqdy fighting turks in london, black gangs fighting each other everyday in london.
The ones that will keep making money are employees of the legal system, more crimes will be committed hence more solicitors will need to be hired. People will be at home rather than at work so they'll have more time to think about suing someone under the no win no fee bulls**t promoted by the cash-cow solicitor/barrister/judge lobby.

Be very,very thankful that the English government learned its lesson from dictatorships and took away ones right to defend their castle, this way all men are equal and can now fight using bats and bottles and knifes.

Are bows and arrows legal? How about a cross bow?

Bob, you must be mistaken as here in the colonies we heard that England disarmed its citizens thus there is no more crime as no one needs to be able to have a firearm for self defense.

Sponsored Links
Back