The future is electric

Sponsored Links
About 20 years ago, I saw an article in new scientist, where groups of eminent scientists in a number of fields were asked on their predictions for when certain scientific advances would likely occur.
Consensus was that cancer would be managed or cured by 2018.
Viable fusion power by 2045.

However, as one cynical scientist quipped, "Fusion power is 50 years away. And always will be."

"Fusion power is 50 years away. And always will be."

Fusion power generation has always be tantalizingly close. But then again AI has been flavour of the year many times over. Sure, it's good at somethings, but pretty useless at others.

Sponsored Links
About 20 years ago, I saw an article in new scientist, where groups of eminent scientists in a number of fields were asked on their predictions for when certain scientific advances would likely occur.
Consensus was that cancer would be managed or cured by 2018.
Viable fusion power by 2045.

However, as one cynical scientist quipped, "Fusion power is 50 years away. And always will be."

Occasionally I might hear a ringtone and then see mrs filly talking to her watch, and I just think "**** me!"

Occasionally I might hear a ringtone and then see mrs filly talking to her watch, and I just think "**** me!"

Apple watches and electric motors.

MTP62_VW_PF+watch-40-alum-spacegray-nc-6s_VW_PF_WF_CO.jpeg

s-l400.jpg

As opposed to "old fashioned" stuff

Jean_Pierre_switzerland_double_hunter_G250-PM_skeleton_pocket_watch.png

084ab7dc984a40bc1a0dbaacdae40bf8.png

oh its on the way alright, i consult with a fairly large player contributing to the national infra for charge points. It's an absolutely massive project bringing with it lots of improvements to our comms power grid and efficiency. Exciting times ahead.

oh its on the way alright, i consult with a fairly large player contributing to the national infra for charge points. It's an absolutely massive project bringing with it lots of improvements to our comms power grid and efficiency. Exciting times ahead.

What's on it's way?

I still remember the excitement of seeing Concorde fly for the first time.

Sponsored Links
Back