The great slow down ...

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
That link shows the associated flannel

The Welsh Government say it will reduce the risk and severity of injuries as a result of collisions between vehicles and vulnerable road users; encourage more people to cycle and walk; make Wales more attractive for our communities and bring physical and mental health benefits.

The impact of interest groups which need have no relationship to reality but they still manage to achieve changes. At times it will cause drivers a fair amount of stress. Perhaps they will provide free tranquillisers.

This reminds me of the 90mph period on motorways watched carefully and ended by a political statement. Also the question of 80mph later on where I suspect they would have put average speed checkers on all entrances and exits. A comment on the 80 from greens - they will all do 90mph and get 4mpg. :) All are driving powerful heavy V12 cars - that's about right for some of those.

The 90 period was because it was happening which causes the question of prevent or carry on allowing. A tricky one as it does create problems for the police as they can need to make a decision on the driving. That is probably why the period ended. Wales had different ideas anyway.

Back off you lot!!!

Cyclists are all pillars of the road and pavement using society. They are all that is good, motorists are all that is bad, got it?!?

Oh wait ...

Sponsored Links
Cyclists are all pillars of the road
i had one literally ride into the side of my car. Decent dent. Fully kitted out and wearing streamlined close fitting sunglasses so little peripheral vision.

I think it would be a good idea to make the driving test harder. Personally I think it should be at least as hard as the standard police test, with a similar requirement to do a commentary for a portion of the test. The police driving course focuses a lot on hazards and constant all round checking of the roadscape.

I think it would be a good idea to make the driving test harder. Personally I think it should be at least as hard as the standard police test, with a similar requirement to do a commentary for a portion of the test. The police driving course focuses a lot on hazards and constant all round checking of the roadscape.

It's a very high level, not many would pass that, but it is certainly good experience - maybe do that as a none optional second level course after having a licence for 6 months. I have tried implementing it when doing favours teaching unofficially and found expecting the commentary simply caused them brain overload.

I personally would rather see them be forced to progress to improve their driving, perhaps via incentives such as cheaper insurance, but insurance companies seem not to value such experience as much as they should. I have heading for 60 years of no claims, despite spending lots of my life behind the wheel avoiding other peoples accidents, but the best I can get is 10 or 12 years NCB.

Cyclists are not legally required to have a speedo and therefore cannot be done for speeding, what they can be done for I think, is 'furious riding'.
The word furious in the context of going too fast goes back to the days of the horse, when young lads would be brought before the magistrate for furious riding.

If you make the driving test too hard people will drive without a licence. If the speed limit is going to be 20mph everywhere then there isn’t much they need to learn beyond a one day, CBT like course.

And so it continues. Whether you believe it's due to idiots spoiling it for all and/or part of the green agenda to make driving ever more tiresome, nevertheless the fact remains we are being gradually slowed down on more and more roads.

Just a thought, if this local council is introducing these measures due to idiots, why not go after the idiots and let the majority continue to drive safely at >20mph.

Nah, f*ck that, we'll just slow EVERYONE down ... except the idiots who will continue to speed ;)

Unfortunately there are plenty of knobs on the road 2 or 4 wheels does not seem to make a difference.
7BEB7E08-5EBE-43BF-8A1D-72400B4FF957.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back