The Greatest Group Ever

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
Just count up how many agree with you and how many dont!! Easy :!:

:rolleyes:
That from someone who does not know the difference between a guarantee and insurance. :LOL:

I think I will stick with the published facts. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Well it appears conclusively based on the responses on here, the concensus is that the Beatles were no where near the best.

Based on responses of half a dozen people in this thread you have concluded what?

I reckon this puts it into a little more perspective... :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best-selling_artist_of_all-time[/QUOTE]

you reckon wrong IMO. your opinion and that of the unwashed masses doesn't mean they are the "best", that is purely a matter of opinion after all. sales don't equate to genius IMO, merely towing the line for a living.

nearly all of the artists in that list are merely pawns of a money grabbing industry.

the beatles were pioneers of pop perhaps, but until later on rock was a little out of their reach. again all IMO, have the good grace to admit while they were clever they are not the be all as that simply isn't possible.

Sponsored Links
Based on the OPs question tastes obviously differ today.

That blonde bird out of the New Seekers looked a bit of ok though in her day. Music seemed 'easy going'.

Musical taste is such a personal thing though, so no one person can state that xxx were the best ever band. Youngsters today probably think that Tiny Tempah ,Jessie J , Kesha etc are the best artistes in the music industry. Same as in the 80's Madonna was the best thing since sliced bread, or the 70's Sweet, Mud, Golden Earring,Wings,almost anyone, 60's Beatles, Chubby Checker, Niel Sedaka, Elvis Presley.
We all have our very own favorite singer/band/musician.
I'd be the first to admit that the Beatles were a very influential group of musicians, but would say they don't significantly influence music today. The only band I could think of in the 90's onwards to be almost exclusively influenced by the Beatles would be Oasis. Nice songs , but lets face it, were they any more than a Beatles cover band??????Read the lyrics in their songs,, it's all there. "Don't wanna start a revolution from my bed." Surely a reference to John and Yoko's sleep in.
Even the structure of Oasis songs is Beatlesque, following the same rules that songwriters have employed since the 18th century.

Nahh music is too personal a thing to definitively say who were the best group/singer/songwriter/musician. Ever. ;) ;)

Why does 'best' have to equate to sales figures. Loads of Lada motor cars were sold in this country 20 odd years ago. They were hardly the 'creme de la creme' of vehicles were they?

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Back