The Greatest Group Ever

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
Like I said cumbria - for the unblinkered... :rolleyes:

Right, because I say the beatles were the best I am blinkered, right?

Right, you say the Kinks were the best you are not blinkered, Right?

Na, if you think the Kinks gave more to to the industry than the Beatles, you are the one with the blinkers.

The Beatles revolutionised music. The Kinks did not.

They took the rock and roll of the 50's and turned it into the pop of the 60's. The kinks did not.

The beatles changed everything about music, from the way it was made to the way it was marketed. The Kinks did not.

They invented so many things that changed the music industry, quite frankly its gets tedious to list them, from multitracking to the use of innovative instruments, from the Sitar to the Picollo Trumpet. The Kinks did not.
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well it appears conclusively based on the responses on here, the concensus is that the Beatles were no where near the best.

They were a boy band so you are the one who is indeed blinkered. The Beatles didn't 'invent' anything, they just had a good manager! Simon Cowell would have been promoting them if they were around today...

The Kinks did stuff their way, and I'd suggest you look at how Ray Davies has eloquently dismissed the not so fab four as a product of the sixties, not a so-called massive influence.

Check out how many new bands used the Kinks music in another era as opposed to the tired old recycled beatles stuff! Sure, they made some sing along jingles, but that's all they are now an ad men's dreams!

Sponsored Links
I saw a clip earlier today of what looked a pretty decent group in its day:

The New Seekers.

In case people are confused as to who the reply was referring to...are the mods going to remove my quote again?

They were a boy band so you are the one who is indeed blinkered. The Beatles didn't 'invent' anything, they just had a good manager! Simon Cowell would have been promoting them if they were around today...

The Kinks did stuff their way, and I'd suggest you look at how Ray Davies has eloquently dismissed the not so fab four as a product of the sixties, not a so-called massive influence.

Check out how many new bands used the Kinks music in another era as opposed to the tired old recycled beatles stuff! Sure, they made some sing along jingles, but that's all they are now an ad men's dreams!

I agree, Kinks and The Who, better than the Beatles. Who cares what they gave to the industry, look at the state of the industry now :(

Only girls like the Beatles :mrgreen: They were the Take That of their day. You'll be saying you like Take That next ;)

Benny Hill revolutionised television, he is considered a pioneer in many areas.
I watch more tv than I listen to music so that makes Benny Hill better than the Beatles.

Benny Hill revolutionised television, he is considered a pioneer in many areas.
I watch more tv than I listen to music so that makes Benny Hill better than the Beatles.

A bit off topic don't you think, the thread is about pop groups not comedians. Start another thread about comedians if you want.

The Beatles are unquestionably the best and most important band in rock history, as well as the most compelling story.

Almost miraculously, they embodied the apex of the form artistically, commercially, culturally and spiritually at just the right time, the tumultuous '60s, when music had the power to literally change the world (or at least to give the impression that it could, which may be the same thing).

The Beatles are the archetype: there is no term in the language analogous to “Beatlemania.”
(Eric Olsen)

I admit that the Stones have longevity, but...

:LOL:

YOU asked the question - just count up how many agree with you and how many dont!! Easy :!:

Sponsored Links
Back