The join between ceiling and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just stripped all the wallpaper from the bedroom in my new flat. The previous owner did a terrible job and had left random shreds of paper on the wall and then painted over them.

Should I get paint stripper and remove any traces of paint before sugar soaping the wall?

Main question is that the join between the ceiling and wall is very messy. Scrappy plaster and a bit iffy. No structural issues - I'd just like to know an inexpensive way to neaten it up.

Thanks very much,

Adam

Sponsored Links
I had thought of that today actually, cheers for the reply.

Is coving a bit of a botch job though? Is there any way to do it so that it is neat and tidy without covering it up?

Sponsored Links
hi adam if it were me i would either run a bead of decorators caulk in the gap or if the gab is too big for that, then i would use easi fill which is a mixture between poly filler and plaster, then rub down after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back