The Lady loves warm towels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife insists on warm towels in both summer and winter. I have a towel warmer/rad. which is plumbed to the heating side of my system and is cold in the summer. I thought about putting it on to the hot water side but then it will be cold when the boiler shuts down when it has satisfied the cylinder.
I seem to remember seeing a large old fashioned looking thing which had big diamiter pipes with a rad in the middle. I think it was both hot water and ( oil filled??) electric.
Please help if you have any suggestions as she will not let me in the shower with her untill I get this sorted.
Frank 56

Sponsored Links
Most plumbed in towel warmers will accept an electrical element as well as running from the boiler. Check with your supplier.

she will not let me in the shower with her untill I get this sorted.
Once she gets her way with this ploy, she'll use it again and again. A lifetime of slavery beckons... Is getting in the shower with her really so important?

Sponsored Links
If you replumb it to the supply to the hot water cylinder, it will tend to get heated every time you have a bath or shower.

Or if (like mine) you tee the supply off between the pump and the 3-way valve (or whatever) then it will be hot whether the heating, or the hot water, or both, are running. You need to screw down the lockshield and have a TRV so it doesn't hog all the flow.

Bahco said:
I would say its a pre- requisite of life

Oh well, I live alone (surprise, surprise) so what do I know. All I now is that if I feel like slobbing around all weekend (or waste my time on the internet), there's no one to tell me otherwise :D .

chrishutt said:
Oh well, I live alone (surprise, surprise) so what do I know.

Maybe you could fit a heated towel rail and give Mrs Frank a call? ;)

JohnD said:
Maybe you could fit a heated towel rail and give Mrs Frank a call?
I haven't even got a shower yet! Too busy installing them for other people. So no surprise that I live alone, but I kinda like it that way.

I would not want to know a woman who behaves likes this, let alone get into a shower with her. Even if her name was Angelina Jolie.

Chris, you're better off as you are. Frank, tell her there are millions of people who would give their right arm just to drink the water from the shower.

Why dont you chuck some towels in the tumble dryer when she gets in the shower. Seeing as you are so desperate to get in there with her you wont mind getting out a minute earlier than she does then streaking through the house to retrieve them for when she gets out.
Then look up the word 'Wuss' .... Figure out ways to avoid being one and then you can get her to greet you with the warm towels.

PaulAH said:
I would not want to know a woman who behaves likes this, let alone get into a shower with her. Even if her name was Angelina Jolie.

Frankly, fitting a towel rail is a small price to pay for a shower with angelina. Although, for Kiera Knightly, i'd fit two.

On second thoughts, you could probably get Angelina to fit the towel rail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back