The Pope

It wasn't just scum calling themselves catholics either, though they did have a good head start. What the so called catholic Spaniards did in South America the so called protestant British repeated in North America.

PS:
filthiest dirty women

Sorry Freddie but I cannot accept your inference that women who grew up with their sexuality intact are either filthy or dirty. On the contrary, they're great!

On the Catholic Spaniards in South America, they where trying to convert a race to be catholics and at the same time stealing their wealth and taking it back to Spain and Portugal----80 million people perished through their actions almost a whole civilisation.

The British protestants, what did they do in North America,????? if you are referring to the native Indians in Canada and America you are well out of order and wrong, but please explain your rant.

The fithy dirty women i refer too are the ones down in hell with me, i do think you ought to read peoples posts before you begin your sermon

More tea vicar???????????

Sponsored Links
John Paul II had a good innings; he had something special about him that seemed to benefit a lot of others. His deterioration and passing has been very public and very sad. It will be difficult for either a God or a team of selectors to replace him. Didn't he do well? and I never heard him slag me off either!

Freddie said:
The British protestants, what did they do in North America,?????

I've been to America, and the several dozen Americans I met told me they were "Irish" or "German" or "African American". I have also watched a lot of American TV and they all go gooey about "St Patrick's Day", or their mama's spaghetti. Due to (not "doo to") this evidence, along with the fact that they speak a language very different to any Britons I know, I think it is safe to conclude that the British were never there ;)

Anyway, Pope, nice bloke, spent a lot of time in the woods.

I think it is safe to conclude that the British were never there

They were there but you're quite right about my goof. I should have said European and that would include many calling themselves catholic. So, do the 'catholic' scum beat the 'protestant' scum in the world genocide championships? It looks like they do but be fair, they did have a good head start.

PS: Pope John Paul, with whom I did not agree on everything, was basically a good man who had nothing to do with any of it.

PPS: I suppose somebody is going to claim that telling HIV positive Africans not use condoms is genocide by stealth. That won't stand up. To make that charge stick one must prove intent. John Paul did not want them to infect each other at all. He wanted them to do without sex. Fat chance! At most he was guilty of gross stupidity but there's no law against that.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is that it's not just the Vatican teaching that condoms are bad because they are a means on contraception but there is an active programme to teach that condoms do not work. They teach that the AIDS virus is small enough to get through microscopic holes in the rubber and then cite the number of people il and dying as proff.

Sadly, even if a more liberal pope is elected, there's a lot of misunderstanding to undo. And can you imagine devote missionaries who are providing food and health services saying "Err sorry, condoms ARE an effective preventative for AIDS, Pope John Paul ll got it wrong."

Infallibility's a lot to live up to.

Freddie said:
kendor said:
Freddie said:
Well it depends on whether you think it is right or wrong to tell your followers not to use Durex which stops them catching a deadly disease, i suppose you will have to wait and see what the new Pope has to say on the matter
has any catholic that's decided to use a condom been ostriscised?
Like most faiths, if you want to live exactly by their rules you do so or live by some but no one is forcing you to have unsafe sex.
besides how would they know if you did? ;)

He will know because he is always watching out for naughty people, and when you get to those pearly gates and St Peter tells you to sod off, you can join me and the lads down in hell with some of the filthiest dirty women you have ever known, and by the way its your round :LOL:
Joking aside you must have some religious beliefs to speak of heaven and hell, I suppose at least one of them gives you hope of something after death.
Don't fancy hot beer :)

Kendor no worries mate, i get on so well with the boss down there he lets me keep a fridge :LOL:

Felix it is you who has turned this into a catholic protestant thing no one else mentioned it untill you did.

The genocide well it happened it hapened because the church was the big boss in Spain and they needed money to fight wars and keep up their life style. As far as i know there hasnt been any other genocide on the same scale before or since, and to try and invent one or claim there has been one is ridiculas.

Aids well the catholics are not the only ones to say no condoms but that doesnt mean its right to do so, but it is still bad and wrong and also shows how religion never seems to move with the times, probably because they want to try and hang on to their power but only have scaremongering and rumour to back up their claims.

Me i am not religious, infact i think the old Pagan beliefs had more going for them, the fact that i can deflour a 16 year old virgin on my alter goes down well in my book, cant find any virgins nowadays though :cry: The priests beat me to them ;)

I think that one thing we can all agree on is that Pope John Paul II was a human..he got somethings right, and made a positive impact on millions of lives as a result, and for that he should be applauded and remembered, however he also got a few things wrong, it is unfortuanate that the main error he made was in the use of birth control, but especially condoms.

As a result of this decision he condemned many to a painful and uneccessary death due to HIV, but this decision also exacebated the very problem that he made so many inroads in..Poverty..

In the third world catholic countries the large families had by many due this birth control policy has meant that huge numbers have been condemned to stay in Poverty when perhaps they may have been able to climb outside it.

The one aspect of his logic I could never fathom was his reasoning.."Condoms were not mentioned in the Bible, and so they were against the will of God", but I did not see him swimming across the Oceans of the world, or walking everywhere..he went in Cars and aircraft..yet these are not in the Bible either!!

Aids well the catholics are not the only ones to say no condoms but that doesnt mean its right to do so, but it is still bad and wrong and also shows how religion never seems to move with the times, probably because they want to try and hang on to their power but only have scaremongering and rumour to back up their claims.

I'll certainly second that ---

I think that one thing we can all agree on is that Pope John Paul II was a human..he got somethings right, and made a positive impact on millions of lives as a result, and for that he should be applauded and remembered, however he also got a few things wrong, it is unfortuanate that the main error he made was in the use of birth control, but especially condoms.

As a result of this decision he condemned many to a painful and uneccessary death due to HIV, but this decision also exacebated the very problem that he made so many inroads in..Poverty..

In the third world catholic countries the large families had by many due this birth control policy has meant that huge numbers have been condemned to stay in Poverty when perhaps they may have been able to climb outside it.

The one aspect of his logic I could never fathom was his reasoning.."Condoms were not mentioned in the Bible, and so they were against the will of God", but I did not see him swimming across the Oceans of the world, or walking everywhere..he went in Cars and aircraft..yet these are not in the Bible either!!

and all of that.

I remember watching a religious version of Question Time on which the panelists were discussing the rights and wrongs of popes and monarchs. One women said in no uncertain terms "The head of my church is God." Brilliant!!

Exactly so why do you need a bloody pope and the rest??

It could be a misinterpretation of the teachings of old to say that you shouldn't use birth control, I know many catholics who feel no remorse in using birth control they don't even associate it with religion, more with common sense.

Freddie said:
Exactly so why do you need a b****y pope and the rest??
because some feel comfortable with things that way, same as others do with their beliefs the way they are.
why not accept and respect others and their religions it would i'm sure solve a lot of the troubles in the world today.
Or shall we get the governments of the world to ban all religions?

...........but it was a lovely example of dovetail jointing though!

It could be a misinterpretation of the teachings of old to say that you shouldn't use birth control

You mean as in "Go forth and multiply". That's a distinct possibility but Darwin would have explained it differently. "Those would didn't go forth and multiply are extinct." There would have been little future in ancient times for any religion that urged it's followers to keep the birth rate low.

Actually, catholics are allowed to use one method of birth control. They call it the rhythm method. I call it a rather dubious compromise. I suppose it reduces the birth rate without entirely removing the risk of unwanted babies though modern technology (a thermometer) has reduced that risk. One side effect of the rhythm method, and one that would surely have horrified whichever pope first gave it the OK, is that it more or less obliges its devotees to learn how to use the rest of their sexual equipment. That would have gone down really well in an age when masturbation (let alone the mutual variety) was a greater sin than rape.

PS: I see the automatic swear word detector doesn't just look for swear words. Maybe I'll use w*****g next time!

I wonder how the pope is getting on, I mean he's sure to be in heaven but what if he finds out that he should have been a vegetarian and god says "what the hell was you doing eating all those lovely fellow creatures I gave you to interact with?" and what about when he realises that god's been using condom,s? well it dosnt take alot of working out seeing as he only had one child, and it can't be cos he has a low sperm count. anyway, hope it's nice for him up there. :)

Sponsored Links
Back