The Pope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well he is about to snuff it, ( i personally think he has been dead for years ) but listening to a radio programme today they said he is gods representative on earth, but he is decided on who should be Pope by a bunch of Vatican fellas behind closed doors----------Things just aint what they used to be, not even God gets to pick his own man anymore.

Glad i dont believe in that crap

Cue Damocles

Sponsored Links
I not interested in it either, it seems to cause more wars or deaths than anything else. In this instance I don't care how they choose another pope, I don't pay for it so don't seee the need for accountability.

Really can't see the idea behind dragging a very poorly man to a window to wave though.

I am guessing but I doubt this will be Damacles scene.

If the position was advertised in the Guardian,
(a)He would have to be a she,
(b)from an ethnic minority with a mobility dysfunction,
c)sexual tendencies as not descrbed in the bible,
(d)a criminal record due to a poor upbringing
(e) vote labour (or does this come under (d) ??

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Well he is about to snuff it, ( i personally think he has been dead for years ) but listening to a radio programme today they said he is gods representative on earth, but he is decided on who should be Pope by a bunch of Vatican fellas behind closed doors----------Things just aint what they used to be, not even God gets to pick his own man anymore.

Glad i dont believe in that rubbish

Cue Damocles

Freddie...you will be amazed to hear that we actually agree on something entirely!! :LOL:

im not a catholic and i dont always agree with what they say or do, however i do think it is still rather sad that a world figure for millions is slowly passing away. He certainly will have a place in history. I can vividly remeber him from when i was younger and it is sad to see how ill he has become. I saw him in the vatican in rome in 2000 (quite literally we blundered into st petes square for a look, got squashed up against a barrier as the crowd surged forward, turned around to see the pope standing in front of me!) I thought even then that he was just a shadow of his former self, almost like a puppet pushed out by those behind the scenes to keep the crowds happy.

Still sad though

Well he's a gonna, though not a catholic myself I have to appreciate his incredible life.

Scoby_Beasley said:
(b)from an ethnic minority with a mobility dysfunction,

Is this anything to do with that film "White men can't jump"? ;) Couldn't resist!

Pope is dead now. Like the majority of Britons I am not Catholic, so of course I have not been particularly moved by it. But, by many reports he did a lot throughout the world. Even Iran has nice things to say about him. :!: I have a lot of respect for much (not all) of his work

Seeing as people cried in the streets about a blonde bird who's only good work was done in the time the rest of us would be doing our jobs anyway (well, if she worked at it 5 days every week, could probably be squeezed into a lunch-hour), then I think people are welcome to be upset about the Pope.

I totally disagree with a lot of his policies and ideas. Especially on contraception. I can only hope that the next pope realises that simply by his saying "Condoms are great!" he can help cut HIV infection rates in 3rd World Catholic countries.

Yeah and all those who would have caught aids and didnt would then come and live in Europe---------no the pope had the right idea.

it's easy taking the p*ss but for 1.1 billion people he was an inspiration i'm not a catholic or even religious but i respect that for some they need to believe in something.
So i am sad for their loss.

Freddie said:
Yeah and all those who would have caught aids and didnt would then come and live in Europe---------no the pope had the right idea.

Bad taste, Freddie!

WoodYouLike said:
Freddie said:

Bad taste, Freddie!

Maybe so i dont argue that, but if your mind is so screwed up that you believe the rantings of a religious ruling/law whatever it is that you continually risk your life through not protecting yourself from a disease then what really can you say.

Freddie said:
Maybe so i dont argue that, but if your mind is so screwed up that you believe the rantings of a religious ruling/law whatever it is that you continually risk your life through not protecting yourself from a disease then what really can you say.

With that I agree, but not what was in your original post. What you mean is the indoctrination of R.C. which speaks of hell and damnation in the 'after-life' when you don't follow their rules. (convenient forgetting about hell and damnation in this real earthly life R.C. condemn 'trusting' people to when they do follow the rules about not using condoms)

WoodYouLike said:
Freddie said:

With that I agree, but not what was in your original post. What you mean is the indoctrination of R.C. which speaks of hell and damnation in the 'after-life' when you don't follow their rules. (convenient forgetting about hell and damnation in this real earthly life R.C. condemn 'trusting' people to when they do follow the rules about not using condoms)

Quite---Exactly !!!!

Catholics lets see---------They let their fithy pervy representatives = priests, abuse children for about a hundred years and cover it up, and if one gets caught he gets sent to Rome, they also say they are above any law.

They committed the biggest genocide ever in South Americas so to stop them protecting themselves against a killer disease is nothing to wiping out a civilisation as they did a few hundred years ago

Sponsored Links
Back