The Professor vanishes...

bender-applause.gif

Er? Don't agree. Maybe...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have to disagree with you there. Softus once used a word in a reply that totally destroyed his credibility. It was a word that is widely used in the legal profession and when he used it, he clearly demonstrated that he was not the legal eagle he appeared to be. Two of my friends who are legal experts nearly died laughing at the time. The word was 'viz' and Softus got its meaning completely wrong. He said at the time that one mistake in so many years wasn't bad, but it was the one mistake that he should not have made. Having said all that, his contributions are sorely missed on this forum.

Bit harsh to say that someone destroyed their entire credibility through apparently getting the meaning of one word wrong.

The legal fraternity think they are somehow superior to the rest of us mere mortals, through their extensive use of Latin, which they fail to realise also still gets used outside of their world and that there are plenty outside of their grubby little world who understand (and use) it too.

Viz, I wouldn't place too much credence on their reaction as a yardstick by which to judge Softus' credibility ;) .

Just Viziting, Vizzy lemonade, viz is getting out of hand

Bit harsh to say that someone destroyed their entire credibility through apparently getting the meaning of one word wrong.

And I didn't intent to. All I was pointing out was that:
(a) Softus was not impeccably literate, and,
(b) his standing as a 'legal eagle' was totally destroyed when he misused the word 'viz'.

Ok, Softus wasn't infallible. He liked a wind up but he was way too sharp to be a suspect for the genius behind the Professor and his "phsychology" students who "done no harm" when they created Bamber.

Ok, Softus wasn't infallible. He liked a wind up but he was way too sharp to be a suspect for the genius behind the Professor and his "phsychology" students who "done no harm" when they created Bamber.
bit like me then :D

Softas was clever to the uneducated he regularly made a tw@t of himself on the plumbing section. Sounded clever but was of limited intelligence and it showed

And I didn't intent to. All I was pointing out was that:
(a) Softus was not impeccably literate, and,
(b) his standing as a 'legal eagle' was totally destroyed when he misused the word 'viz'.

there were a few more legal slip ups than that, but hey ho, musnt talk ill of those gone past!

but hey ho, musnt talk ill of those gone past!

Gone past? Not a chance! Softus is there in the background seething at himself for being stupid enough to say that the time had come to move on. Deep down, he knows that never again will he have a fan club like he had on this forum.

Sponsored Links
Back