The prophecy of the maya

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The prophecy of the Maya

A thousand years ago believing the sun of the Mayan civilization in Central America sank in unexplained ways. They left us with a prophecy: for 2012 stands at a turning point. And now of the sun is going crazy. Meets in the prophecy?

If scientists are currently inspecting the solar disk, they see something that makes them worry: nothing. The sun shines spotlessly. It usually has a few spots: sometimes more, sometimes less. Reliable whose number usually fluctuates at a rate of about eleven years. After a poor season in spots it is now time for a few dark spots on the Glutball. But nothing! Unstained stares the sun down on us. "It's the longest spotless period since a hundred years ago, surprised the Sun researcher Sami Solanki from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Katlenburg-Lindau," and we do not know why. "Is still to the constant stream of particles, by proceeds of the sun - the solar wind - the lowest ever measured intensity waned. What is wrong with our central star? In fact, scientists have been expected by the end of 2012, the next phase of intense solar activity.

Perhaps the astrologers of the Maya have had interesting things to say about it. Millennia ago, namely, its people had a critical eye on the sun. Not out of scientific interest, but because their fate depended on it. They lived in a landscape that is extremely sensitive to the activity of the sun - where today Mexico and Guatemala are. The Maya built massive pyramids, invented rubber ball and chocolate, creating a unique calendar - and left us a mysterious prophecy for 2012 stands at a huge turning point! What exactly they saw is not recorded. In return, we know exactly to the day when it will arrive on: 21 December. Then, at the winter solstice ends, the "fourth sun" of the Mayan calendar, and the fifth is dawning. A new era begins.

Now a big guessing game has broken out about what awaits us in three years. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Couldn't read that drivel but this bit caught my eye:

It's the longest spotless period since a hundred years ago, surprised the Sun researcher Sami Solanki from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Katlenburg-Lindau," and we do not know why.

The sun is a variable star and a hundred years may be a long time to us, but it's nothing to a star that's four and a half thousand million years old. Give or take a bit. :rolleyes:

I'll have a pint of what Hoggy has had.

Sponsored Links
Sunspot (a relatively dark area on the Sun's surface resulting from a strong magnetic field) count data has been collected for centuries.

What puzzles me when I see things like this is that we have only had electricity for a little over 100 years and the same with flying. As for PC's they have only come to the fore in the last 20 years or so.
Please can someone tell me where to find the 'Sunspot Data' for 1728 for example? :eek:

As Sooey pointed out, 100 years is immeasurable against the life time of a star so how can the Mayans tell us the exact date that something is going to happen. Did they foretell the demise of their own civilisation as well? :rolleyes:

Que sera sera.

Maya are not expecting the end in 2012 that is a western idea some maya glyphs speak of the years in the 4000`s.. So i will wait till then ;)

Sponsored Links
Back