THE REAL STORY OPINIONS PLEASE FELLA'S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll keep it as brief as I can. Been with Homeserve 3Yrs no claims no problems. £12 a month. Moved house in febuary 07 No Problems with boiler but its a BIASI. Decided to renew with Homeserve as I work away from home 3 Young kids & Wife you know how it is. This time £15 a month I thought peace of mind anything wrong its just a call.
"HOW F**KING WRONG WAS I" Right fella's here we go Got up 02:30am one Monday to travel down to London, noticed a drip from boiler nothing special had a quick look it was coming from the black box? on top of the diverter valve later monday morning phoned homeserve said they will send an engineer and so they did.By the way Prior to this we had NO problems at all in fact everything was working fine and the pressure of the bath water was fantastic. My wife phoned "the plumbers been he's swapped a black thing turned something heard a load of pressure go through the boiler its fixed and hes gone" about 14:00hrs this is.
17:30 Wife phoned we have no hot water but the boiler is firing up the pressure not as good through the taps. THREE DAYS LATER another engineer turned up again with a screw driver and spanner no spare parts nothing " Heat Exchanger has gone! he told our lass to feel one side of the exchanger its boiling hot she said and the other side is freezing its blocked you need a new one" I'll make a call said the engineer.Here we go ITS NOT COVERED BECAUSE YOU HAVE SLUDGE IN THE SYSTEM YOU NEED A POWER FLUSH WE don't DO IT BUT WE KNOW WHO DOES ITS ABOUT £800. "F*CK RIGHT OFF" I'm glad I was in London.After 6 or 7 calls to Homeserve I got f/All so I bought a Heat Exchanger Guess What nothing changed but we can get HOT WATER if we only open the tap a quarter turn it takes forever to fill the sink never mind the bath.SO for a third time and many many calls they agreed to send another engineer with a screwdriver and no spare parts to SOUGHT THIS OUT!. "ITS NOT YOUR HEAT EXCHANGER ITS THE DIVERTER VALVE AND GUESS WHAT ITS NOT COVERED BECAUSE IT SAYS ON THE JOB SHEET THE SYSTEM HAS SLUDGE/IRON OXIDE IN IT. Sorry! YES I've ordered one of these and paid for it. It comes monday what else can I do? I work away from home I have a wife and three kids and to tell you the truth I cant afford a new boiler. I have tried to cancel my policy and they have said when you signed the small print says you signed for 12 months. I HATE HOMESERVE.

Sponsored Links
So you changed th HE on thier say so, now your going to changr the DV, which is the problem.
Send them a bill for labour @ £45 an hour, and cancle the contract for wrong diagnosis and unsatisfactory service ;)

Cancel your direct debit, and if they threaten you, threaten them back with a call to the newspaper and BBC.

Why people get suckerd into these contracts I'll never know. Your £552 could have been sat in a high intersst account and been spent on a proper engineer.

Sorry for your troubles, and at least now you have learnt your lesson. I think several of us told you it was the diverter valve straight off - without seeing it, 'cos its an obvious problem with your symptoms (well it'll be embarrassing if it turns out otherwise :oops: :LOL: ).

Which does not say much for the gibbons they sent round to you.

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
I think several of us told you it was the diverter valve straight off quote]

No Dan !!! You said "How good are you?"

Some of the more EXPERIENCED engineers told him it was the diverter and you did not help as per usual ;)
You will soon reach 5,000 posts without actually saying much :p

we had something similar.(boiler probs)

Paid what ever / month, they sent out "local plumber, fixed it, went wrong, differnt co came out fixed it, went wrong, we gave up, cancelled policy and went with BG.

Its easy to say get a decent corgi type person, try and find a real one.

Yes i know there are you guys, but you all live too far,

yes bg have been several times, (over the years) but they do fix it.

oh, the bloke who installed it, sadly he is uncle ned

but you all live too far,
Try Tony Glazier / Agile, he's only half an hour away. I'm quite sure he'd lurve you to say how absolutely wonderfully excellently professional he is :D

ChrisR said:
but you all live too far,
Try Tony Glazier / Agile, he's only half an hour away. I'm quite sure he'd lurve you to say how absolutely wonderfully excellently professional he is :D

I dont see where the OP said we all live too far away!

The impression I get with him changing parts is that he does NOT want to call a professional.

Nor do I see how I can be 1/2 hour away when we dont know where he is located.

These maintenance contracts are based on using poor calibre staff and they often give rise to these types of complaints.

Tony Glazier

Well if it is the north east Cleveland then I could help. I am the biasi service agent for hartlepool.

If you phone biasi they will give you a number for an agent close to you. Or if you wish I could sell the diverter valve at bit cheaper than plumb center (no refunds tho :LOL: )

If you do get my number please be aware that i do have a call out charge and i am not the cheapest around.

Can I ask what modal of boiler, it should start with M and a number after it(eg M96 or M90 or M110)

the main complaint seems to be that the repair is not covered due to poor water quality.

if it is you should get it done. if its not then you need to get on to them about it.

do not cancel your direct debit. if you cant be bothered to read the terms and conditions then dont moan about it when these circumstances arise. by cancellling your DD you are leaving yourself open to all sorts of nasty actions.....you signed a contract....now honour it. :rolleyes:

I would think one could argue they have violated their contract to the OP on the grounds of sending incompetents to work on his property.

I know there are always exlcusions in these contracts (we used to run our own maintenace contract company). But the fact that they fixed it BEFORE it suddenly failed due to "poor water quality" would raise eyebrows...

We shut down our maintenance company for several reasons, one of them being that I felt it was not fair for customers.

Dan_Robinson said:
I would think one could argue they have violated their contract to the OP on the grounds of sending incompetents to work on his property.

if its not in the contract then they cant.

know there are always exlcusions in these contracts (we used to run our own maintenace contract company). But the fact that they fixed it BEFORE it suddenly failed due to "poor water quality" would raise eyebrows...

they way i read it they havent fixed anything. if poor water quality is to blame then theres not a lot to be said. having said that i would have liked to see them repair the fault and then refuse any further work until the water issue is resolved. that would be far fairer.

True enough, but they tried to fix it:

My wife phoned "the plumbers been he's swapped a black thing turned something heard a load of pressure go through the boiler its fixed and hes gone" about 14:00hrs this is.
17:30 Wife phoned we have no hot water but the boiler is firing up the pressure not as good through the taps. THREE DAYS LATER another engineer turned up again with a screw driver and spanner no spare parts nothing " Heat Exchanger has gone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back