The Solar System in which Earth belongs

The "object" furthest away that is visible to the naked eye is our sister Galaxy, Andromeda, also known as M31 or The great Spiral in Andromeda, a Type Sbc Spiral that is about 140,000 light years across (the visible part) and lays some 2.3 Million light years from our Galaxy..which is much the same thing..in terms of distance..

Sponsored Links
markie said:
OK SPACE MEN :LOL: question 4 u's what is the farthest object visible with the naked eye? post answer later if nobody gets it. ps, got imformation from guinness world records brain teasing quiz book. so if wrong don't blame me :LOL:

the answer to that would be big sparks big head if i where an alien on a planet in the Andromeda

WARNING DONT BE FOOLED BY A FREAKY SPARK
he his just editing information from the net the prat knows nothing you can read it yourself dont be so impressed with a charlaton HE KNOWS NOTHING.

"Now, he whose mouth shineth and whose head moveth is the phallus of Osiris, but others say it is [the phallus] of Ra. 'Thou spreadest thy hair, and I shake it out over his brow" is said concerning Isis, who hideth in her hair, and draweth it round about her. "Uatchet, the Lady of Flames, is the Eye of Ra."

Sponsored Links
I have found out that the planets are roughly planar, except Pluto, which is at an angle, like a hat cocked to one side. And that for most of the 80s, it was inside Neptune's orbit.

markie said:
BIG-SPARK, YOU HAVE WON THE GOLD MEDAL , ps, is imfo from net, book or the gray matter :LOL: :LOL:

Several of those answers are correct..like 90% of the information any of us know, originally the information came from printed matter..but it was typed for you via the grey matter. I've been "into" Astronomy since I was 8 years old.

As the EuroTide terminator approaches, darkness shall descend across GB...

EuroDark2.jpg

:eek: :eek:

joe-90 said:
I saw it but it won't affect a body as large as Jupiter.

joe
But it did! did you not see the impact marks and the plumes thrown out during the impacts?

kendor said:
joe-90 said:

joe
But it did! did you not see the impact marks and the plumes thrown out during the impacts?

How can you see impact marks when Jupiter is a huge ball of gas? It doesn't have a surface to impact onto.

Jupiter is huge. Absolutely enormous. Even the biggest comet ever wouldn't affect it. It's been collecting debris out of the solar system since it was formed. It's what it does.

joe

joe-90 said:
kendor said:
joe-90 said:

joe

How can you see impact marks when Jupiter is a huge ball of gas? It doesn't have a surface to impact onto.

Jupiter is huge. Absolutely enormous. Even the biggest comet ever wouldn't affect it. It's been collecting debris out of the solar system since it was formed. It's what it does.

joe
You say you saw the shoemaker-levy event yet you missed the impact marks? the dirty great black scars left, and the shots of the plumes? see here: http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/sl9/sl9.html

Jupiter is a ball of gas. It has no surface to land on.

joe

yes i'm aware it is a gas giant but you were denying it had been affected when the evidence is overwhelming1

kendor said:
yes i'm aware it is a gas giant but you were denying it had been affected when the evidence is overwhelming1

It's just swirled the gas around. Jupiter wouldn't even notice such a tiny event.

joe

joe-90 said:
kendor said:

It's just swirled the gas around. Jupiter wouldn't even notice such a tiny event.

joe
are you suggesting it should have come out the other end? :LOL:
jupiter has mass otherwise it wouldn't have such gravity the gas is dense hence the impact it is merely a gas giant as it hasn't coagulated into solid matter (yet) Yet in brackets as no-one knows for sure what will happen in the future same as no-one can be certain that the planets will continue to orbit as they do without any deviance, the universe as we see it is merely a snapshot in time, the changes could be so slow and miniscule we don't perceive it but if the universal time was speeded up to compare with our scale of time then we would be able to see what effects on the outskirts of the universe are having on our tiny speck of sand that is our galaxy in comparison. did you not see the Horizon programme on Super Massive Black Holes?
this showed cosmological theory is starting to prove this very thing that changes with speed on the very outskirts of the universe are having profound effect even on the center of it this includes us as out milky way is near this centre.

Sponsored Links
Back