The Solar System in which Earth belongs

B.O.B DOLE said:
"Now, he whose mouth shineth and whose head moveth is the phallus of Osiris, but others say it is [the phallus] of Ra. 'Thou spreadest thy hair, and I shake it out over his brow" is said concerning Isis, who hideth in her hair, and draweth it round about her. "Uatchet, the Lady of Flames, is the Eye of Ra."

You know, I was just saying that to the wife the other day Bob, it's funny how great minds think alike.

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
"Now, he whose mouth shineth and whose head moveth is the phallus of Osiris, but others say it is [the phallus] of Ra. 'Thou spreadest thy hair, and I shake it out over his brow" is said concerning Isis, who hideth in her hair, and draweth it round about her. "Uatchet, the Lady of Flames, is the Eye of Ra."

You know, I was just saying that to the wife the other day Bob, it's funny how great minds think alike.
He's just been overdosing on episodes of stargate :LOL:

joe-90 said:
Jupiter is a ball of gas. It has no surface to land on.

joe

Joe, you are correct in your assertion that Jupiter is ostensibly a ball of gas, however it does have a solid surface of sorts..just one that no cometary nuclei or other body could ever reach..at it's core is liquid metallic hydrogen..but the liquid bit is misleading due to pressure as it behaves like a mobile solid :confused:

Anyway, the impact of the fragments of SL-9 did create impact scaring in the atmosphere of Jupiter, and they turned out to be larger than expected, forcing researchers to re-evaluate their impact energy models for comets and asteroids in general.

The scars left were transitory though, and all trace quickly disapeared in the maelstrom that is Jupiters turbulent atmosphere.

In essence both you and Kendor are correct. The impacts would have no effect on Jupiters orbital, axial or other physical properties, but it did have a transitory effect on localised sections of the atmosphere, although some were detectable from Hubble for something in the order of several months after the impacts.

here is a short expalnation of hail bob and For some time, followers of the comet have been surprised about the comet's tail. Normally the tail follows the comet on its journey towards the sun - i.e. is on the other side of the sun. When Hale Bopp was first noticed, the tail was on the sunward side.

The only possible apparent explanation was that there was an invisible object, perhaps hidden by the comet, following the comet, emitting energy to cause the tail to precede the comet. Is the comet the eye, clothed in robes of flame from his mouth commanding Hapi and the object behind the "invisible one"?

Herodotus wrote about Egyptian wisdom around 400 BC:

Thus far I have spoken on the authority of the Egyptians and their priests. They declare that from their first king to this last-mentioned monarch, the priest of Vulcan (Hephaestus), was a period of three hundred and forty-one generations; such, at least, they say, was the number both of their kings, and of their high-priests, during this interval. Now three hundred generations of men make ten thousand years, three generations filling up the century; and the remaining forty-one generations make thirteen hundred and forty years.

Thus the whole number of years is eleven thousand, three hundred and forty; in which entire space, they said, no god had ever appeared in a human form; nothing of this kind had happened either under the former or under the later Egyptian kings.

The sun, however, had within this period of time, on four several occasions, moved from his wonted course, twice rising where he now sets, and twice setting where he now rises.

Egypt was in no degree affected by these changes; the productions of the land, and of the river, remained the same; nor was there anything unusual either in the diseases or the deaths.

Sponsored Links
B.O.B DOLE said:
here is a short expalnation of hail bob and For some time, followers of the comet have been surprised about the comet's tail. Normally the tail follows the comet on its journey towards the sun - i.e. is on the other side of the sun. When Hale Bopp was first noticed, the tail was on the sunward side.

The only possible apparent explanation was that there was an invisible object, perhaps hidden by the comet, following the comet, emitting energy to cause the tail to precede the comet. Is the comet the eye, clothed in robes of flame from his mouth commanding Hapi and the object behind the "invisible one"?

Herodotus wrote about Egyptian wisdom around 400 BC:

Thus far I have spoken on the authority of the Egyptians and their priests. They declare that from their first king to this last-mentioned monarch, the priest of Vulcan (Hephaestus), was a period of three hundred and forty-one generations; such, at least, they say, was the number both of their kings, and of their high-priests, during this interval. Now three hundred generations of men make ten thousand years, three generations filling up the century; and the remaining forty-one generations make thirteen hundred and forty years.

Thus the whole number of years is eleven thousand, three hundred and forty; in which entire space, they said, no god had ever appeared in a human form; nothing of this kind had happened either under the former or under the later Egyptian kings.

The sun, however, had within this period of time, on four several occasions, moved from his wonted course, twice rising where he now sets, and twice setting where he now rises.

Egypt was in no degree affected by these changes; the productions of the land, and of the river, remained the same; nor was there anything unusual either in the diseases or the deaths.

I saw the UFO behind Comet Hail Bop,it came frome behind and below the comet,almost like a sling shoot.

This is what i can rememer of my account,this is when comet hail-bop was visible to earth by the eye,i wish i wrote down the date,but i didnt think that was the important part,the important part is a saw a ufo that night,it was toward the end of the veiwing cycle,i think it was 6days or more.I was facing i would say north west at about 8:00pm est. and comet hail bop is moving right to left(not visible ofcourse)and from behind and below the comet came a ball of light with its own tail in what was a half circle then dissepered.The oblect of light was about 1/10 the size of the comet,and im guessing even smaller because of shinning light factor,it might have appeared bigger.

I dont know how ive held all this in,im glad i did a search about comet hail bop's ufo and stumbled upon this site where i could releive myself in away.I know there was alot of hype around that time because of heavens gate,I really beleived it was true when i saw the ufo that night,it was either the day after the suicide or that night,i felt so good that i saw it,i know it sounds weird,but i did,im among the few,but many now,i hope someone else experienced the same thing.I know i could have searched for the dates of the suicide to make it look more accurate,but i know the truth,and i dont need to prove to someone else,but i wanted to share this in the way i see it every day,not accurate but real,and the way i remember it.I really want to share this,and see if other people have come out to share what they saw that night,i cant be the only one that was looking up at that moment.

"I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon the land," said B.O.B DOLE

markie said:
OK SPACE MEN :LOL: question 4 u's what is the farthest object visible with the naked eye? post answer later if nobody gets it. ps, got imformation from guinness world records brain teasing quiz book. so if wrong don't blame me :LOL:

Doesn't that rather depend on how good your eyesight is :D

Chain pulling .... Baiting ... and don't they bite !! :D :D :D

An to be honest Im a drunk ,BUT an re- reading this good thread ..

heres my thoughts...

thank god for "Copy an Paste" info , lol

an the peeps trying to be howbrow but all their comments come from 2005 yrs GCSE course work .......

can we all keep things REAL ...
you can google posts certain ways to show they are word for word same .. if your so illiterate , dont try to be a professer ,ok ..*snigger *
its sad ......
an less of the plagerism ..lol

btw there is only 1 STAR
in the sky at the mom ....

;)

Moz, what are you actually trying to say..your post is a bit of a mish mass..care to clarify it for us..

Big_Spark said:
Moz, what are you actually trying to say..your post is a bit of a mish mass..care to clarify it for us..

Actually B_S, that's pretty clear for Moz. :D ;)

Big_Spark Posted: Fri Dec 16

Moz

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:46 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An to be honest Im a drunk ,BUT an re- reading this good thread ..

heres my thoughts...

thank god for "Copy an Paste" info , lol

an the peeps trying to be howbrow but all their comments come from 2005 yrs GCSE course work .......

can we all keep things REAL ...
you can google posts certain ways to show they are word for word same .. if your so illiterate , dont try to be a professer ,ok ..*snigger *
its sad ......
an less of the plagerism ..lol

btw there is only 1 STAR
in the sky at the mom ....

////////////////////////////////////////
joke is

Big_Spark
Igorian
petewood
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
WATCH THEM

Moz said:
Big_Spark
Igorian
petewood
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
WATCH THEM

Why, do you want to see my Eric Morcambe impression? :)

Sponsored Links
Back