The song that defines you

AdamW said:
Bryan Ferry did cover it, but John Lennon originally sang it. According to some Roxy Music websites, it was covered as a tribute to JL after he was shot.

Wasn't "With a little help from my friends" originally written by the Beatles, then they thought it would be no good so they gave it to that guy who sang the big powerful version (from The Wonderyears). Then they finally got round to it on Sgt Pepper.
You mean Joe Cocker, he sang it at Woodstock

Sponsored Links
You got that through the filter? :D

I have been racking my brain trying to think of some nonsensical lyrics, then I suddenly remembered:

"Electrical banana, is gonna be a sudden craze" - Mellow Yellow

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
all the early (1971) queen songs.:cool:

Excellent choice! ('I think we'll go with a little Bohemian Rhapsody gentlemen?' - Wayne's World)

Ahem. Where's all the Metallica? So far I'm not impressed with anyone else's taste in music! :LOL: heehee

Mine is 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica. That's mine and my fiance's song for our wedding next year :D

minxlj said:
Mine is 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica. That's mine and my fiance's song for our wedding next year :D

Great song! I played in a covers band and that was one of our best. Until our lead singer fell out with her boyfriend and vowed never to sing "their song" ever again. Whoopy-doo, one of our best songs struck from the list. :mad:

I'm still sore about that!

The last two weddings I have been to had "With or without you", by U2 as the first dance song... You have to hope people aren't listening to the lyrics!

Sponsored Links
If you want crazy lyrics, how about this from one of Eddy Grant's songs on "Killer on the Rampage"...

"I love you like a mango......"

Hmm. Too much information methinks.

minxlj said:
Mine is 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica. That's mine and my fiance's song for our wedding next year
I too think that's a superb choice. I've had to edit it out of my playlist on the PC because my best friend breaks down when she hears it - when she and her fiancee were just 16 he died from DVT and apperently it was their song.

Bet you can't remember this one, but one of mine is
Marty Feldman's "Twelve days of Christmas"
such lyrics as "my elder sister Anna has been sick in the piana" and
"come fill the cup with warm flat beer","my uncle down from Neath has just taken out his teeth", and "mother's sleeping drunkenly upstairs "
I sang it unaccompanied at a Folky club once, they never let me do it again, for me it sums up a lot of Christmases.

:LOL:
For a minute there I was really bemused - I thought you meant the guy from MEGADETH!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA that's Marty Friedman.

D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back