Do you have any regrets?

I am 'fortunate' in that my life, on the whole, has been a pretty good and steady one.

Unlike me and the first half of my working life. I spent it constantly on the go, constantly looking for something better, better more remunerative offers - something I could learn more from and enjoy even more.

Sponsored Links
I regret selling the two flats I was renting out. (Hope to buy a renovation this year to sell)

Lots of regrets with girls one way or another.

Having Rose tinted glasses and going to live in Australia. (All be it the most fun time of my life was in Australia)

Voting Brexit:cry:

+1. But I thought you were a Brexxer?

Admit I got swept along by the hype for Brexit, but later realised it was mainly just that - hype. Very little in it for ordinary Brits. Travel will become more difficult and expensive, and I assume EHIC cards will be redundant. We'll get stung for mobile roaming charges.

But the biggest advantage now lost is the ease to live, work or retire in another EU country. That's a big benefit, especially as you could take your pension with you and get an S1 so you had reciprocal health cover. Thousands of Brits will now find it much more difficult to move to France or The Med, but it will be those on the lowest incomes who may be prevented from achieving their dream of a well earned retirement away from cold, wet Blighty. They may fail to reach the minimum income required by EU countries or struggle to fund private health insurance. For ordinary Brits, they may well have lost far more than they've gained. Apart from some purile satisfaction of being able to metaphorically put two fingers up to The EU, I struggle to see the gains.

Sponsored Links
My life has turned out ok so far..... 1 regret is a mate who was working as a senior manager for a transport firm and told me 6 months in advance they are going to outsource their transport part of the firm to a private company .... I really got the nod if I started my own transport company... I bottled out and the guy who did take the mantle done really well and after 15 years sold it for what I believe was a six figure sum....he ho thats life I suppose

I've no big regrets, but I often feel guilty about the various times when I've seen a crime being committed or somebody being hurt or abused, and I've not had the courage to intervene.

+1. But I thought you were a Brexxer?

Admit I got swept along by the hype for Brexit, but later realised it was mainly just that - hype. Very little in it for ordinary Brits. Travel will become more difficult and expensive, and I assume EHIC cards will be redundant. We'll get stung for mobile roaming charges.

But the biggest advantage now lost is the ease to live, work or retire in another EU country. That's a big benefit, especially as you could take your pension with you and get an S1 so you had reciprocal health cover. Thousands of Brits will now find it much more difficult to move to France or The Med, but it will be those on the lowest incomes who may be prevented from achieving their dream of a well earned retirement away from cold, wet Blighty. They may fail to reach the minimum income required by EU countries or struggle to fund private health insurance. For ordinary Brits, they may well have lost far more than they've gained. Apart from some purile satisfaction of being able to metaphorically put two fingers up to The EU, I struggle to see the gains.

No I don't regret voting brexit. I know it will have pain but it will turn out right.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I don't regret voting brexit. I know it will have it pain but it will turn out right.
And if it doesn't 'turn out right' will you simply file it in the 'regrets folder'?

Why did you return?

When I was 26/27 I Lived on Bondi beach, Full of spunk I was having the time of my life; Had a whole bunch of new mates from all over the world
surrounded by beautiful young girls and partying, life was wonderful.

Forward 13 years I emigrated to QLD at the age of 40. I found Qld soulless and lacking culture, I struggled to adapt,
life was life, still had to work and nothing much to do unless you love beautiful beaches.

36c subtropical heat wasn't fun all the time. and when it wasn't sunny it pïssed it down. My fault I was to negative and chose the wrong place to settle, Australia wasn't going to change for me. I never left this country because I hated it. So it was too easy just to come home.

When I was 26/27 I Lived on Bondi beach, Full of spunk I was having the time of my life; Had a whole bunch of new mates from all over the world

Forward 13 years I emigrated to QLD at the age of 40. I found Qld soulless and lacking culture, I struggled to adapt,
life was life, still had to work and nothing much to do unless you love beautiful beaches.

36c subtropical heat wasn't fun all the time. and when it wasn't sunny it pïssed it down. My fault I was to negative and chose the wrong place to settle, Australia wasn't going to change for me. I never left this country because I hated it. So it was too easy just to come home.
I sort of regret not moving somewhere else in Australia, maybe Tasmania, or NZ, kinder climate & nice scenery, as above it was easier to come home, went back 5 years later to check out the scenario and decided UK had the edge

I sort of regret not moving somewhere else in Australia, maybe Tasmania, or NZ, kinder climate & nice scenery, as above it was easier to come home, went back 5 years later to check out the scenario and decided UK had the edge

I agree. I loved Tasmania but my mind was made up. I just wanted to get back and save what I had left of a business.

I loved Adelaide , Mount Barker but it was too hot. Sydney was vibrant but to expensive, Melbourne had culture but again too expensive.

Where did you live?

Started at Wollongong working at BHP Port Kembla then after six months of stripping down motors moved to Sydney , Parramatta worked for a contractor looking after pipelines for Shell mainly

How did you end up in Oz..Why did you.leave Bondi?

And if it doesn't 'turn out right' will you simply file it in the 'regrets folder'?
If, after things have settled which may be years, it all turns to ****, at least I can say it’s my fault and I brought it on myself. If it turns out sweet, I can also say I was part of the decision. You, however, will have to live with MY decision whatever way it goes so just suck it up. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back