Do you have a favourite recipe to share........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my gift to you, as it always goes down a treat when I do it (and is easy).......

Big Pot Creme Fraiche
1 Fennel Bulb - Grated
1 Onion
Jar of Capers

Chunk of Parmesan

Fresh Pasta, Tagliatelle or Big Tubes are best.....

Slice up the onion and fry it
Pour in the Creme Fraiche
Stir in the Fennel
Chuck in the Capers - The more the better
Cook for about 20 minutes

Cook the Pasta. Drain, and then pour on the sauce above. Stir in together.

Serve up into bowls

Cut the Parmesan into 'flakes' and sprinkle on.

Serve up some garlic bread and job's a good 'un ;)

Sponsored Links
Nice and simple is the best!

ALL IN A BIG BOWL!

Cook some long grain rice and drain.
Add kidney beans, chopped iceberg lettuce, sliced banana, chopped apple. Then also add prawns and crab stix. Pour in a pot of seafood sauce and mix all together! :D :D :D

As the 4yr old daughter says - YUMMY, YUMMY in my TUMMY! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sauer Kraut with applesauce mashed potatoes and smoked sausage.

A large pot of Sauer Kraut, on little jar of applesauce, some potatoes and one smoked sausage

Put the Sauer Kraut in a pan (with a tiny bit of water), boil the potatoes and cut the smoked sausage in little slices. Oil an oven disk (low disk) with olive oil.

When the potatoes are boiled, spread the Sauer Kraut in the disk; place the slices of sausage on top of it. Mash the potatoes with the applesauce (don’t use milk) and spread this on top of the sausage slices.

Place oven disk in middle of heated oven (gas mark 5) and leave for 20 minutes.

Smakelijk eten.

I make a pretty scrummy chunky minestrone-type soup that I can post the recipe for if anyone is a soup fan. :)

Sponsored Links
Black hog pudding
Catch the blood of a hog; to each quart of blood put in a teaspoon of salt and stir well on. Simmer half a pint of Embden groats in a small quantity of water till tender; there must be no gruel.
The best way of doing this is in a double saucepan, so that you will not need to add more water than will moisten them.Chop up (for one quart of blood) one pound of the inside of the fat of the hog, and a quarter of a pint of bread crumbs, a tablespoon of sage, a teaspoon of thyme, three drachms each of allspice, salt and pepper and a teaspoon of cream.
When the blood is cold, strain it through a sieve and add it to the fat, then the groats and then the seasoning.
When well mixed, put it into the skin of the largest gut, well cleansed and tie it into lengths of nine inches and boil gently for twenty minutes.
Take them out and prick them when they have boiled for a few minutes.

I don't no what it is , it's a recipe from my recently found book.
At a guess I would say it is now called a black pudding.
Happy eating ;) ;)

Fry 3 rashers of unsmoked back bacon in a few teaspoons of veggy oil.
Fry one large free range egg in the same pan - same oil. Turn halfway through.
Lightly toast 2 slices of Warburtons thick bread.
When the bacon is crispy - take it out and put on some kitchen paper.

Liberally butter the toast, and squeeze plenty of HP brown sauce on one slice.
Arrange the 3 crispy rashers so they cover the sauced slice. place the egg on top, then place the other slice of toast on top.

"This is not just a bacon sandwich . . . " :LOL:

Dont spread the yellow of the egg about - its better done hard, you get a bit of the sandwich which is perfect with the yellow, the sweet spot, its beautiful. Save it till last. ;)

Kelinik said:
I make a pretty scrummy chunky minestrone-type soup that I can post the recipe for if anyone is a soup fan. :)

Don't ask......just post ;)

P.S. Please

crafty1289 said:
Fry 3 rashers of unsmoked back bacon in a few teaspoons of veggy oil.
Fry one large free range egg in the same pan - same oil. Turn halfway through.
Lightly toast 2 slices of Warburtons thick bread.
When the bacon is crispy - take it out and put on some kitchen paper.

Liberally butter the toast, and squeeze plenty of HP brown sauce on one slice.
Arrange the 3 crispy rashers so they cover the sauced slice. place the egg on top, then place the other slice of toast on top.

"This is not just a bacon sandwich . . . " :LOL:

Dont spread the yellow of the egg about - its better done hard, you get a bit of the sandwich which is perfect with the yellow, the sweet spot, its beautiful. Save it till last. ;)

The way I feel, if you have to daub brown sauce all over it, it disguises the taste of the bacon and egg. I used to use brown sauce, but if you use decent ingredients you just don't need it and you can then realise why people say bacon and egg is a killer meal. Say no to sauce! Unless it's with the missus (or someone else's missus that is!) ;)

noseall said:
always trust fat chefs, never trust skinny ones.

I'll tell my wife you said that, she's a pint-sized ex-chef and I have, in the past, comforted waitresses who she has reduced to tears with little more than a glance! So watch it! :D

Sponsored Links