Favourite song

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a soppy one this :oops: but has anyone else come across a song that you never seem to tire of hearing and makes you go cold when it is played.

My choice is The Beatles song Golden Slumbers on the Abbey Rd album. The production, vocals, instruments used, and arrangement is superb and I recommend anybody to listen to it.

Anybody else experienced this? :D

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
Bit of a soppy one this :oops: but has anyone else come across a song that you never seem to tire of hearing and makes you go cold when it is played.

My choice is The Beatles song Golden Slumbers on the Abbey Rd album. The production, vocals, instruments used, and arrangement is superb and I recommend anybody to listen to it.

Anybody else experienced this? :D

daylight dancer - lacuna coil. can listen to that all day every day (not that i do)

Bahco said:
That entire side is absolutely classic, has always been an all time favorite of mine. I, litterally, wore out my vinyl copy, I used to have a backup copy on a reel to reel tape as well. That also wore out.

My taste is pretty much all inclusive, style wise. I have favorites from the classics, Jazz, Heavy metal, and just about everything in between. About the only genre that I can't stand is RAP. Absolute rubbish the whole lot of it. I'm still struggling to forgive Jimmy Page for conspiring with P*** Daddy in his total butchery of a Led Zeplin classic. :evil:

Sponsored Links
live version of "bring on the night" by the police(gateshead july 31 1982)....superb..stewart copeland...andy summers...sting. boy could they knock a tune out live.

Loads of songs do this for me, too numerous to mention.

Joan Armourplating is stonkingly good live, too. Saw her and Level 42 (last concert in Manchester) at the Apollo in nineties.

david grays "falling down the mountainside"
listen to the instrumental...........its like a story!
Smashing
damien rice "blowers daughter"....tune
coldplay "fix you"
ohh i could be here all night!

"Nothing Compares To You" Sinead O'Conner, havnt heard it for a while so it might not still have the same effect. :cry:
"my way" frank sinatra
"my way" Sid vicious :LOL:

Aah, the "Sprechgesang" recitative and highly inventive use of the Dodecaphonic Scale that Arnold Schonberg employs in "Pierrot Lunaire" gets me every time.

Or there's always Agadoo by Black Lace.

So many songs......

One comes to mind....Temptation for love by Squeeze.

Some of the Specials stuff has stood te test of time with me....Pearls cafe for instance.

"Dream a little dream" by Mama Cass... what a sexy voice.

I'd say one of my favourite songs is "Wild Rover"... everyone knows the tune and the chorus (thankyou Clover butter :LOL: ), it's easy to change the words to suit your needs (it's easy to make up verses as you go) and dead easy to play on any guitar at any party, no matter how drunk you are.

I challenge you all to have a listen to my choice.

In fact, the whole album will knock you out. :D

Sponsored Links
Back