The Superb owl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If y'all got nuthin' better to do waitin' on the game to kick orff tonite, then take time to watch these guys in Big Bear Valley, California.

Sponsored Links
Not much to see right now as Ca. is about 10 hours behind GMT, but the view is fantastic 'ere the dawn rises.

A much better sight than watching the Chiefs win the S.bowl again. Fekkit. I'd convinced myself it was going to be the 'Niners year and despite a 10-0 lead they lost in overtime. 'Shake it off', sez Taylor Swift. Fekk off. 'Tis way too soon.:(

Not much to see right now as Ca. is about 10 hours behind GMT, but the view is fantastic 'ere the dawn rises.

A much better sight than watching the Chiefs win the S.bowl again. Fekkit. I'd convinced myself it was going to be the 'Niners year and despite a 10-0 lead they lost in overtime. 'Shake it off', sez Taylor Swift. Fekk off. 'Tis way too soon.:(
Deadpool 3 trailer showed signs of promise .

Sponsored Links
I have to remind myself this is happening live, halfway around the world, in real time. I think it's the female on the nest - she has the bigger beak - and i thought the male had gone fishing for lunch but he came back with a snake! Which turned out to be a curly piece of wood that fitted just right on top. So, doing a bit of diy:mrgreen:...it never ends.

Not much happening right now, so time for a bit of reading about the area around Big Bear Lake which sits 100 miles northeast of Los Angeles in the San Bernardino National Forest. Altitudes range from 6,750 to 9,000 feet and the valley enjoys 300+ days of sunshine each year. Summer temps average 80 degrees during the day and Winter brings beautiful snowfall with daytime temps in the low 40s.

8am GMT will be midnight in BBV and the sun won't rise o'er the valley til 06.40am Pacific Time, so check back from 2.30pm GMT to see more clearly at sunup...no sign of the male, right now: i wonder where he sleeps?:unsure:

@Odds I imagined you having grandkids.
Have a look at the view to take your mind off it.
I think the big bird has moved a half turn since this morning...

...and i'm pretty sure there was more snow around the eyrie at the weekend: spring is near.:mrgreen:

Fun fact#96 - The couple's roost, located about 145 feet up in a Jeffrey Pine tree in the San Bernardino Mountains is more than five feet wide and six feet deep.

Signs of life...

Eggs! Three of 'em... Mr P. Nut will be thrilled. :mrgreen:

An eagle expert with the Friends of Big Bear Valley, the organization that hosts the bald eagle nest cam, says one of the three eggs is no longer viable to hatch. The incubation period for the eggs is 35-to-38 days and since the eggs were laid Jan. 25, 28 and 31. This means sadly, this weekend would be the end of viability for all of them.

:(

I don't know why she is back, the eggs were left for at least an hour and a half.

Sponsored Links
Back