The UK Going Cashless - Great Stuff

Sponsored Links
Nothing bad at all - imagine the drug trade taking a hit.

You're naïve (or left-wing) if you think that cashless, or any other generalised manipulation of the population, will stop criminals being criminals - they will just get around it in devious ways. Only the law-abiding will suffer. There is only one way to stop criminals, and that is to catch them, one by one, and punish them severely and sufficiently.

You're naïve (or left-wing) if you think that cashless, or any other generalised manipulation of the population, will stop criminals being criminals - they will just get around it in devious ways. Only the law-abiding will suffer. There is only one way to stop criminals, and that is to catch them, one by one, and punish them severely and sufficiently.

You are entitled to your views. I was referring to the ****s on the streets not the big boys. The big boys operate like big business and this thread is aimed at the ordianry people. As I said to another poster, start your own thread re that subject if you wish

FYI - I is not left-winged , right-winged or sitting on the fence, fact I'm a realist that is ticked off by benefits cheats, tax fraudsters small and large and most of all, the lying politicians that millions support because they are too thick to see that politicians lie the majority of the time and their real interests are themselves.

Re crims, its not all about "catch them and punish them" as the courts can only do that if the crims that run England put the law-abiding public first rather than themselves.

Sponsored Links
There is only one way to stop criminals, and that is to catch them, one by one, and punish them severely and sufficiently.

We've been doing that since time began. What makes you think it is working???

guess he has never heard of crypto currency which is awash with criminal money

You are entitled to your views. I was referring to the ****s on the streets not the big boys. The big boys operate like big business and this thread is aimed at the ordianry people. As I said to another poster, start your own thread re that subject if you wish

FYI - I is not left-winged , right-winged or sitting on the fence, fact I'm a realist that is ticked off by benefits cheats, tax fraudsters small and large and most of all, the lying politicians that millions support because they are too thick to see that politicians lie the majority of the time and their real interests are themselves.

Re crims, its not all about "catch them and punish them" as the courts can only do that if the crims that run England put the law-abiding public first rather than themselves.
That's another post in this thread that you said you weren't going to post in. Six so far. You're as bad as another certain bulls hitter on here who says they were going to do something but didn't.

Last edited:
We've been doing that since time began. What makes you think it is working???

There is no effective punishment for crime now in this country, that's why punishment appears to you to not be working. What the British government calls punishment isn't punishment. Hint: the same government tells you that men can be women and that bearded 40 year olds are child refugees.

Take this case that popped up at random to illustrate my point:

Dad demands action on 'crush of cars' outside Newcastle schools – a year after council's pledge (msn.com)

A council promised action against drivers who park outside schools. Then the council proceeded to do exactly nothing. Then the parking outside schools continued. Not a major crime but this is what is happening with all crimes, major or minor, throughout the land.

A council promised action against drivers who park outside schools. Then the council proceeded to do exactly nothing. Then the parking outside schools continued. Not a major crime but this is what is happening with all crimes, major or minor, throughout the land.

I don't think you understand how it all works.

The council took action by promising to take action. This is all that is needed to pacify the vast majority of those who took an interest in the problem, therefore the problem . . . while it isn't exactly solved . . . has gone away until another time . . . !

If you think that increasing the levels of punishment works towards lowering the levels of crime, then you misunderstand the very nature of crime.

Why didn't YOU commit a crime yesterday? Was it because you fear the punishment?

Why didn't YOU commit a crime yesterday? Was it because you fear the punishment?

I didn't commit a crime yesterday not because I am punishment-fearing but because I am law-abiding.

The criminally inclined act because because they know they are unlikely to be caught, and if caught, unlikely to be punished.

As I said earlier, criminals ought to be punished individually. As it stands, they are not. What happens is that general restrictions are introduced that punish us all.

I didn't commit a crime yesterday not because I am punishment-fearing but because I am law-abiding.

The criminally inclined act because because they know they are unlikely to be caught, and if caught, unlikely to be punished.

As I said earlier, criminals ought to be punished individually. As it stands, they are not. What happens is that general restrictions are introduced that punish us all.

You not even half way there. So close, yet so far away.

Do you really believe that only the criminally inclined commit criminal acts???

If you do, then it's a good job for the rest of us that you can NEVER be voted into a position of political power.

I m with the OP on this.

It will happen & sooner the better.

I believe we should all carry ID. A cashless society will create this with very little effort. ID will not be mandatory but functioning without ID will be very difficult in a cashless country.

Sponsored Links
Back