The UK Going Cashless - Great Stuff

Sponsored Links
really or not wanting to pay transaction fees on already slim margins or there suppliers are asking for cash payments

Follow the chain then and work your self back

Sponsored Links
You best get your stories straight. You're getting the numbers of siblings and/or Bentleys confused. :whistle:

This muppet lives in a world of complete BS, inventing a fantasy lifestyle for it's thousands of 'friends' out on the Twittersphere - from the comfort of it's bedsit. :ROFLMAO:

Note to Hummy: if you want to be a b.$h!tter - you need a very good memory!

EDIT. Apologies to Mottie. Wrote the above before I head this -

Hummy dear. To be a good liar, you need a good memory. You just ain't got one. Fact.

Not trying to copy you. Full marks for your memory though. For me, Hummy's utterings are completely forgettable.

Last edited:
To suggest those on benefits should have their spending controlled by the state is a horrible idea.

State handouts (and I exclude pensions from this) should not be paid in any form of money or in anything that can be can be used as currency.

a pension is a benefit regardless off how you dress it up

The state pension is what you have paid for as part of your taxes (if you have paid taxes that is!) To lump it with all the other "benefits" is a little misleading.

I believe we should all carry ID. A cashless society will create this with very little effort. ID will not be mandatory but functioning without ID will be very difficult in a cashless country.

Ending cash would be a very bad thing for ordinary people. It will mean you are in the total control of the government in that it can "switch off" your money if for some reason it wants to put restrictions on you. Sounds unlikely? It happened a few weeks ago in Canada.

Either Laundering or not paying their Taxes...

That is a smear on cash. Of course there are many dodgy cash-only shops and small business around (particularly where I live!) but the majority are honest.

in china the beggars are not a allowed to take money in certain cities , they have card readers

There is only one way to stop criminals, and that is to catch them, one by one, and punish them severely and sufficiently

punishment doesnt stop crime

look at America -it chose a "tough on crime" policy, increasing its prison population from 200,000 to 2,000,000 and crime never went down

crime is directly related to inequality and poverty

State handouts (and I exclude pensions from this) should not be paid in any form of money or in anything that can be can be used as currency.
Completely disagree. As I previously mentioned, yes there is a % that abuse the system and/or are pants at managing their money. However, I don't think the solution is to force everyone on benefits to use vouchers, cards credited with the money or whatever. Equally, there will be many on benefits who are good at budgeting and take the fact they are on benefits very seriously, with the aim of getting off them asap.

Say someone has worked for 30 years then finds themselves unemployed and on benefits. I would assert they've 'paid in enough' for the state to have the decency to let them spend their benefits on what they desire, as I say perhaps with rents taken off automatically.

Completely disagree. As I previously mentioned, yes there is a % that abuse the system and/or are pants at managing their money. However, I don't think the solution is to force everyone on benefits to use vouchers, cards credited with the money or whatever. Equally, there will be many on benefits who are good at budgeting and take the fact they are on benefits very seriously, with the aim of getting off them asap.

Say someone has worked for 30 years then finds themselves unemployed and on benefits. I would assert they've 'paid in enough' for the state to have the decency to let them spend their benefits on what they desire, as I say perhaps with rents taken off automatically.
rents always went to the landlord direct until i think it was Osborne said it should be given to the person to give to the landlord directly regardless off the person's ability to control their finances for no other reason than to demonize the claimant and say they where getting to much benefits and cap the housing amount something they couldn't do if it didn't go in to their hands

Last edited:
rents always went to the landlord direct until i think it was Osborne said it should be given to the person to give to the landlord directly regardless off the person's ability to control their finances for no other reason than to demonize the claimant and say they where getting to much benefits and cap the housing amount something they couldn't do if it didn't go in to their hands
It was a stupid move, all done under the guise of giving people more control over their money. Whilst I don't agree with people having no control over any of their benefit money, rents should have remained top sliced. It causes no end of problems for landlords.

I didn't mean vouchers and prepayment cards, as they can be traded. I mean soup kitchens and workhouses.

Sponsored Links
Back