The unreported conflict!!

B

Big_Spark

The press are banging on about Iraq, but they seem to have completely forgotten about Afghanistan..we have thousands of troops there, risking their lives for the Afghan people, yet when was the last time we saw a report of the casualties from that conflict?

Yesterday this was brought home to me when a friend who was a Royal Marine Commando was killed whilst on patrol. It appears that he triggered a land mine and died instantly..the only blessing.

The irony of Robs death is that it was a case of "friendly fire" in a way..you see the landmine he triggered was one laid by the British Army back in the 1920's during the Afghan War..we know this as another 32 were successfully recovered from the area surrounding it..

This damned mine laid in the ground for over 80 years, even though the ground was a farmers field now and ploughed frequently, and never went off..Rob apparently dropped his pack on top of it and they suspect this armed the mine, when he lifted it, the damned thing detonated.

Why are the press not reporting these deaths? Why are our Service men and woman fighting a conflict that many appear to have forgotten about, instead fixating on Iraq..

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer

you seem to Forget this is B'Liars New Conservative Britain , Afghanistans a forgotten war zone now as Iraq will be when the B'Liar an Munkey Bush Invade Iran ...

I genuinely feel for this guy an his Family/ friends as he IS/WAS a Lost warrior ,where no one else will understand the terrible conditions our troopers are in ,where every step maybe their last in these God forsaken Lands
Just Bring our Serviemen /ladies home now ...

bloody ironic that one of our mines killed him. the loss or injury of any service man is deeply saddening, regardless of the war they are fighting in. you have my deepest sympathy. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back