The Weather

Do you accept the basic theory about how greenhouse gases trap heat?

I understand the hypothesis, yes. But there have to be numerous feedback mechanisms and external variables, otherwise, there would never be cooling periods. Since the earth is currently in a colder spell following a much warmer period before (as part of a repeated cycle), I have to assume the hypothesis has its shortcomings.

There are many things we do not understand. Why do we exist and where did the universe come from? I understand the idea that is the big bang theory, but I don't find it very convincing. The first question that one has to ask is: why would there be a big explosion and what came before that? It seems like a rather lousy attempt to have a non-creator explanation for why we are here.

It's ok to accept that we don't understand probably most things.

Sponsored Links
Imagine millions of millions of universes, with millions of millions of big bangs, over centillions of years. Some never went bang, some went bang and immediately collapsed and some went off with such a bigger bang that everything was flung too far away for gravity to pull it together.

Then there is the one you happen to be living at this point in time. It's about 15bn years old, gravity and mass is just about right and against ridiculous odds life popped in to existence, and humans learned to cook food. The rest is history...

When you consider the vastness of time and the possibility that there may have been things before this universe and many others, its not so hard to get your head round it.

Alternatively you can ask yourself - who created god.

Like the RWR frequently confusing the weather and the climate and always getting them muddled up. Poor souls.

I don't know what RWR is.

I do know that it is the warming alarmists and their media lapdogs who use the weather to push their narrative every single summer. I was mocking them for confusing weather and climate, but it seems to have been lost on you.

Hot weather recorded on a thermometer next to an airport runway: climate emergency. Forest fire caused by arsonists or errant camp fire: climate emergency. River bursts its banks for the 300th time in history: climate emergency. These are weather events, they pin it on man made climate change. They have you wrapped around their little finger...

7d449565-7ccb-444a-a1f9-8aaa1c2a1d2b-0e06a4a9-31a8-48c4-98d9-5334e85651ee.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Imagine millions of millions of universes, with millions of millions of big bangs, over centillions of years. Some never went bang, some went bang and immediately collapsed and some went off with such a bigger bang that everything was flung too far away for gravity to pull it together.

Then there is the one you happen to be living at this point in time. It's about 15bn years old, gravity and mass is just about right and against ridiculous odds life popped in to existence, and humans learned to cook food. The rest is history...

When you consider the vastness of time and the possibility that there may have been things before this universe and many others, its not so hard to get your head round it.

Alternatively you can ask yourself - who created god.

Nice post. I've not seen it explained in this way.

My question though would still be: where did all the matter and energy come from to facilitate the first big bang?

I do know that it is the warming alarmists and their media lapdogs who use the weather to push their narrative every single summer. I was mocking them for confusing weather and climate, but it seems to have been lost on you.

Hot weather recorded on a thermometer next to an airport runway: climate emergency. Forest fire caused by arsonists or errant camp fire: climate emergency. River bursts its banks for the 300th time in history: climate emergency. These are weather events, they pin it on man made climate change. They have you wrapped around their little finger...

View attachment 341354
It's great that you put images of weather forecasts, when arguing about climate. Nailed-on RWR. (y)

(right wing r'tard)

Nice post. I've not seen it explained in this way.

My question though would still be: where did all the matter and energy come from to facilitate the first big bang?
The one before
and the answer to your next question is gravity.

View attachment 341354
And at no point have you thought about RATE of change.

I believe we are still expecting a very hot summer for 2024. At the moment we have a northerly in the Atlantic pushing our warm stream down. Once the seasonal westerlies start it will warm up.

So where does the gravity come from?

I'm sure you can agree there's a chicken and egg situation going on here?

Mass.
see previous answer for the answer to the next question.

We don't really understand much about it.

I understand the hypothesis, yes. But there have to be numerous feedback mechanisms and external variables, otherwise, there would never be cooling periods. Since the earth is currently in a colder spell following a much warmer period before (as part of a repeated cycle), I have to assume the hypothesis has its shortcomings.

Do you also accept that the earth is slowly warming?

Can you be more precise - do you mean Earth's atmosphere?

If so, then yes, or to put it more precisely: the earth's lower atmosphere has been on a warming trend over the past ten thousand years or so, based on the evidence available to us.

I really wouldn’t bother.

The guy is totally self opinionated, he is only interested in the sound of his own voice.

It’s people like him that really put me off the idea of going on a cruise….I’d be bound to end up sitting next to “a Berty”and then have to spend the rest of the cruise trying to hide from him.

Sponsored Links
Back