Themaclassic F35E not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I live in a rented flat and this morning the heating did not come on. I can hear water going through the radiators and the thermostat and boiler clicks on and off when I adjust the temperature but no heat and no hot water.

I've tried to find info on the web on troubleshooting it but I have no error messages on the display at all. I'm very new to central heating and I'm currently on a internet crash course when it comes to boilers. I have discovered that my water pressure is 0.7 but the boiler should not fail until 0.5 or so it says in the manual. I have been of a mind to try increasing the pressure but I have no clue how to do that. The manual refers to a filler somewhere underneath but does not actually tell me what needs to be done with this.

If anyone know anything about this type of boiler I appreciate the help.

Sponsored Links
if you aint got a flashing light on the control panel it aint the pressure

if you have the manual it tells you how to top up pressure under "draining and filling"

Thank you.

Regarding the pressure it only says "Fill the system with the external filling device until the pressure gauge reach 1.0 bar" Then it has a diagram showing a tube of some sort with an arrow.

But if this should not be the problem, anyone got an idea of how to troubleshoot this? It sounds like some pump and fan is in operation and being controlled by the thermostat downstairs.

Sponsored Links
Pump running? OR
Pump & fan running?

'Sounds like'. What? :eek:

You need to be more precise Im afraid.

Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back