Theme Parks

S

subman101

Last week I spent a few days having a short break up in Northumberland. Naturally I once again ventured over to Holy Island and it occurred to me that this is an exceedingly boring place to visit. It occurred to me that the place could quite happily accommodate a huge them park which could be called "Holy World" and include jaunty little rides such as the "crucifix flume".

What other rides do you think could be created for this hypothetical theme park and help it reignite an interest in Christianity? :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Last week I spent a few days having a short break up in Northumberland. Naturally I once again ventured over to Holy Island and it occurred to me that this is an exceedingly boring place to visit. It occurred to me that the place could quite happily accommodate a huge them park which could be called "Holy World" and include jaunty little rides such as the "crucifix flume".

What other rides do you think could be created for this hypothetical theme park and help it reignite an interest in Christianity? :mrgreen:
You 'once again' ventured over to Holy Island... I think you're missing a trick there mate.

Do you honestly think that by constructing a theme park and naming rides after religious happenings will re-ignite an interest? To do that you need to make the religion, (Christianity, Hinduism, Muslim whatever), an interesting subject. Not a fair ground ride.

You 'once again' ventured over to Holy Island... I think you're missing a trick there mate.
It was under duress I hasten to add - the wife was in charge.

Your comment reminds me of a Japanese saying that goes something like "Only a fool would avoid climbing mount Fuji, but a real fool would climb up twice" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Do you honestly think that by constructing a theme park and naming rides after religious happenings will re-ignite an interest? To do that you need to make the religion, (Christianity, Hinduism, Muslim whatever), an interesting subject. Not a fair ground ride.
Since that isn't going to happen for somewhat obvious reasons, let's stick to creating rides. How about a bungee jump called "up the vicar's pole"

It was under duress I hasten to add - the wife was in charge.

Your comment reminds me of a Japanese saying that goes something like "Only a fool would avoid climbing mount Fuji, but a real fool would climb up twice" :LOL:
:LOL: We're all fools to women mate.

I live on the North East coast. My wife keeps going on about having a trip up to Holy Island... I've managed to change the subject several times so far but I'm running out of ideas! The place holds no interest for me and I was brought up a Catholic! :eek:

There's always the possibility of having a few too many free samples of the mead ;)

The causeway has a load of big flashing lights now to warn of the dangers of getting caught by the tide. I must admit, the prospect of getting it wrong and being stuck there for hours on end would indeed make one closer to god, although not necessarily in the way that Christianity intends. Think I'd do a Grace Darling and row a boat back to the mainland, regardless of the perils of odd currents and the still hidden occasional mine.

Seriously Christianity has lost the plot.
I'm talking C of E here.
Thanks to a succession of Arch Bishops more interested in Politics religion itself has foundered really badly almost mortally.

The church in this country failed to modernise pure and simple and it deserves to die.

Two things it should have done..

Develop the damn services so they don't bore the ass off you - There are only so many times even a devout Christian can hear the same liturgy.

Secondly welcome or at least accept Homosexuality.

Which I believe is far preferable and natural (since it has been around since man ever put history to record ) than the child abuse the modern clergy of all faiths seem to have been practicing.)

Come of switch the services around a bit - invent some new ones - make it relevant.

The evengelists in America are dripping with money your local church collection plate would struggle to buy a Mc Donalds.

But onto your theme park suggestion -

Surely a Log Flume with a figurehead of Moses would look fab as it came into the big splash area -parting of the red seas and all that.

Blah blah blah blah blah. .. :LOL:

However, this is what reallly interests me:
But onto your theme park suggestion -

Surely a Log Flume with a figurehead of Moses would look fab as it came into the big splash area -parting of the red seas and all that.

You know how the bible bleats on about the number 40 a lot, well I was thinking that this theme park could have an on-site hotel called "40 Towers".

How about burgers that don't cost a fiver each then you might just be able to feed a family , never mind the five thousand!!

Sponsored Links
Back