There’s cracks everywhere

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into this flat some months ago and I really couldn’t tell you if these cracks have appeared over time or were already there. As I’ve been pretty oblivious to it except a couple which I noticed on the ceiling.

I haven’t decorated the walls at all since moving in. Mostly because I cba.

But the paint that was previously applied before I moved in… seems to have been the thickest paint possible?
Odd bits just looks gloopy and as if it was caramel which slowly dried.
So I assume it’s to do with that.

I do mostly believe these are nothing to worry about. I don’t think the whole flat is about to collapse or anything of that sort.
I just want to know what or if it is something that needs more attention.

Ground floor flat.

I tried to capture photos of all of the cracks. They are in every room and I took a photo of what looks like previous repair was made to the crack / slight texture difference across same line/path as the crack connects to. Reoccurring issue? Underlying issue?

All of the cracks do follow the same direction as the others. Well the walls *all go north to south and the ceiling cracks all go east to west.

Pictures uploaded here https://ibb.co/album/tBSqMM

Sponsored Links
Cracks all look to be timber movement , frames , skirting , ceiling joists .
How do you know what paint was used if you didn’t witness the decoration?

Cracks all look to be timber movement , frames , skirting , ceiling joists .
How do you know what paint was used if you didn’t witness the decoration?
Okay is there anything I should do about that? I don’t really want to patch up cracks all over the flat every so many months…

i never said I knew? I said it looks like they used the thickest gloopy paint in some areas.

Looks more like many years of poor decoration , painting over the grime without any preparation .

Sponsored Links
Looks more like many years of poor decoration , painting over the grime without any preparation .
Yeah that too

Some parts where the skirting and wall meet are terrible. I don’t even know what you could do to have this result lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back