Thermacon 90/120 cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give us a bit of advice, a friend has a Thermacon 90/120 which cuts out after being run for 30 seconds, the plumbing (water) side of things I understand, along with the electrical side, not looked at it myself yet as it's not local to me, but is there anything obvious I need to be looking out for?, my first thoughts were either air lock in the pump (but thought it would run for longer before cutting out) or dirty photocell?

Sponsored Links
Is it burner lockout or boiler overheat, Dave?
Usually a photocell issue makes itself known after 10 sec or less.
John :)

not seen it myself yet, I'm assuming it's not actually locking out as she's not having to reset anything to try again

So the thing actually tries to restart itself, then? Out of my depth there, but if the burner locks out it must be manually reset.

Sponsored Links
Initially I'd go for the water pump not spinning, so the boiler is overheating and shutting itself down.

wondered along those lines, cheers John, will have to take a look, was looking for a pointer before I go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back