Thermal and sound insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an attached garage that was converted into a room several years ago. Unfortunately I did not get building reg approval when it was done and I am now in the process of selling the house and a number of issues have arisen, all of which I have resolved apart from one. The builder did not use any insulation on the wall between my garage and the one next door and has dry lined onto 100mm block. The Building Regs guy wants me to install thermal and sound insulation onto this wall for him to grant approval and has asked me to go back to him with a proposal. Me being a non construction industry person hasn't the foggiest where to go with this.

Any suggestions for a product that will comply with this requirement that I can get a builder to do quickly, as this is the only thing holding up the sale of the house. Worst case is that I have to remove the board that the builder used and replace, ideal scenario is that i can put something over the original board then board over that, but space is fairly tight due to the gap from the wall to the window.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - that takes care of the thermal part but no mention of sound insulation. Is there a product that does both?

Sponsored Links
Is your recent garage wall in question a party wall? If so what is your neighbours room on the other side of the party wall? Is it a habitable space?

If it's a garage space either side of the party wall, are you sure you will need thermal + sound insulation?

THe BC Inspector will be happy to help mate, just propose the K18 board + he'll let u know if anything additional is needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back