thermal imaging inspection firms.........

algas... just phoned everest the silly moose on the phone didn't even know what a TI camera was!... she made a half hearted effort to ask someone else and came back with a negative answer!....i chose everest because their suppose to be the best + because i live near heathrow, BAA have a half price deal with Everest, and the outer pane of glass is 10mm thick (for noise abatement)!... and apparently you cannot get this spec anywhere else; even in everest (retail)!....... i too suspect that it is the outer walls causing the down draft, and will definately be installing external wall insulation once the government get their act together and introduce the "green deal" package for domestic households.
andytw... thanks for the link must research into this abit more :)

Sponsored Links
Ha Ha tell the girl at Everest its the thing the bloke in their TV advert uses to show you how good their windows are

do you have recessed downlighters fitted?

light a smoke match in every room and see where the smoke travels to?

slightly smelly but cheap.

mcmoby69... yes i have recessed downlights fitted, but the have all been sealed up so no air gaps coming from the loft at all. tried the match trick (probably the first test i did + candle) still can't trace the problem :(
will have to re-schedule the window fitting as have some other plans :(

Sponsored Links
algas... just phoned everest the silly moose on the phone didn't even know what a TI camera was!...

I have a FLIR P640 TI Camera if you want to have a play. Not sure it would find anything obvious because it sounds like you have changed or upgraded just about everything :) . Ideally it would be good to use in conjunction with a blower door to depressurise the house and exaggerate any leaks but I don’t have one of those. Thermal imaging is seasonal giving the best results in the colder weather. Basically the greater the temperature differential between inside and out the better the results will be. There are protocols to follow that allow the best results to be obtained. Some of these are scanning after sunset to allow any residual heat in the bricks to dissipate. Any rain fall will also delay scans by 24 hours. Strictly speaking any internal scans would involve removing any hanging pictures and moving furniture/curtains away the walls & windows at least 2 – 3 hours prior to scanning to prevent false cold spot readings. It all depends on what level of detail you are looking for.

Anyway, if you are interested then let me know.

Regards
Karl.

Please let us know how you get on with your new d/g & if it solves your problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back